Honored Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom (January 21)

@MOMMAVik   Thanks you so much for beginning the Shabbat Shalom thread this week. I was busy watching the ice storm out the window.

I wish all a great weekend. If in storm areas, stay warm and safe. 

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny   I have an easy, quickie version of stuffed cabbage, cabbage soup or what I call "inside out stuffed cabbage". 

I begin browning a small onion, ground beef, chopped carrots and then add green cabbage chopped in semi lg. pieces. When cabbage is wilted in the pot, I add a jar ( or more if making a lot) of chili sauce, a can of tomato sauce and a jar of grape jelly along with raisins (optional).Let simmer until all flavors come together.

***The chili sauce & grape jelly give the instant sweet and sour sauce of stuffed cabbage. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone, 

Woke up to 1 degrees and going to high of 13.   The air is crisp and the sun is out.   Going back to seasonal tomorrow, around 30ish.  

For all those in the path of bad weather, please stay safe. 

My mom learned how to make stuffed cabbage from a dear neighbor who was from  Ukraine. Her recipe included ground beef and rice.    I'm not a cabbage fan, but I know everyone else in the family  loved it.   I remember rolling the leaves very tightly.  That's how our neighbor taught my mom. 

@MOMMAVik thank you for this week's inclusive, friendly thread. Smiley Happy 

@sunala Heart

I hope this weekend is filled with all your favorite people and fun things to do.  

Leaving Blondes for dessert after stuffed cabbage/cabbage soup. 

Easy Blondie Recipe (aka Blondie Brownies) - Kylee Cooks

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus YUM! Reminds me of those cocktail meatballs' sauce we used to make in the 70s!

Stay warm!

-Solar Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Oh, @dmod nj those blondes hit the spot!!

Stay warm, and healthy, too!

How is your son doing? I remember so long ago when he was just starting college!

-Solar Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Solar Is My Name wrote:

Oh, @dmod nj those blondes hit the spot!!

Stay warm, and healthy, too!

How is your son doing? I remember so long ago when he was just starting college!

-Solar Smiley Happy

Hi @Solar Is My Name   
He is very well, thank you.  He is  living with his LONG TIME, dear gf, in MA,  and they are very happy together.    Thank goodness for skyping during these Covid times.  He makes me laugh and so very proud.  He's a good man. Heart

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Happy, safe, and healthy weekend and week ahead to all.

It is absolutely frigid here on the East Coast Bay. On top of that it is windy which makes it feel a million times worse. The salt water bay is frozen and that only happens if it is REALLY cold .

How many days till Spring?

Great South Bay , Long Island Frozen and Iced -- Nature & Landscapes in  photography-on-the.net forums

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
I'm not going outside until the temperature is above my age. Snoopy Funny Cute, Hilarious, Super Funny, Funny Pics, Great Quotes, Inspirational Quotes, Motivational, Cuadros Star Wars, Snoopy Quotes

Sparkling-happy-friday-images

Honored Contributor

@meallen616 , 

My thoughts exactly!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus , thank you for your recipe. I love sweet and sour, so will definately try your recipe. I use the lemon and sugar, but yours sounds richer in flavor. I am not supposed to have sugar, but cheat on occasion. Donna, blondies are my favorite. Thank you so much. 

Stay warm everyone!