Trusted Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom, Happy Weekend to All, and a *Happy New Year*

Good Shabbas, Happy New Year and I'm glad to see somebody remembering September 11.  I was at a conference all day and nobody said anything; had to come home and listen to the radio.

Thank you Sunny! Heart

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Esteemed Contributor

@kutira wrote:

Good Shabbas, Happy New Year and I'm glad to see somebody remembering September 11.  I was at a conference all day and nobody said anything; had to come home and listen to the radio.

Thank you Sunny! Heart

kutira really, nobody mentioned the significance of Sept 11? Where was this conference located?  Living in New York, I think there is more in the way of remembrance than if someone is in a different part of the country. I think that's just the way it is. 

When Oklahoma City was attacked, I'm sure the people who lived there felt more deeply about it than those of us who lived far away. Not to say we weren't affected by it, but it just couldn't have been the same. 

You are very welcome, and if you observe, Shabbat Shalom and Happy New Year to you as well! If not, have a beautiful weekend Heart

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

What are you all cooking for the holidays, if you're cooking? 

Right now I smell like fried onions. I'm cooking for Sunday, and decided to do some of the prep work before hand. I'm making chopped liver, so I needed fried onions. I boiled the eggs and chopped up vegetables for "un-stuffed" cabbage that I'm making as well. 

I'm going to be dreaming of fried onions tonight, and will probably get indigestion!

Have sweet dreams everyone Heart

Respected Contributor

Oh,no----now I am going to crave chopped liver all night.

Esteemed Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

Oh,no----now I am going to crave chopped liver all night.

Henny, you can make it. It really is easy! Or, hop a plane and join us for holiday dinner. I've got plenty of room and we will have plenty of food! xox

Esteemed Contributor

@sunala wrote:

Shabbat Shalom to all the "Shabbos Shvesters" who observe, and a happy weekend to all.

To those who are observant, may this New Year be as sweet as honey,filled with peace good health, happiness, and success to you and those you love. L'Shanah Tovah.

On this 14th anniversary of the Sept 11 attacks, many prayers for our country's well being and world peace.

May all your loved ones be healthy, but if they are ill, may they soon be well.

May your burdens and worries blow away with the wind.

To those of you and your family with health issues, may everything turn out well. May your medical tests and those of your loved ones come back with happy results. May your medical treatments be successful and may you live a long and happy life.

Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your loved ones.

May our leaders who keep our country strong find the wisdom, courage and strength to make the right decisions for our security and well-being.

Good thoughts and thanks to our military. May they come home safely and SOON. Bless all the servicemen that didn't make it home; and to those who are serving, thank you for being there to protect our safety.

Special prayers for all the children...may they have good health, enough to eat and drink, a warm bed, and the abiding love of parents and family who will protect them. May the children survive and thrive. No child should ever go to bed hungry, nor should anyone else in our beautiful, bountiful country. Help the food banks if you can. Even a little helps. May our own children be healthy and happy, and shed no tears of sadness.

May your parents be healthy and happy as well. I hope everyone's mom and dad and children are healthy, and/or getting better.

Condolences to those of you that have lost a parent or a loved one recently. May you find the strength to carry on, and hold good memories of your blessed loved ones to keep you strong.

Try to do a good deed for a stranger. They'll feel good, and you'll feel better.

May the best of everything come your way, today and every day.

Ellen, my dear Shvester, I'm so sorry you can't post on QVC from your computer anymore. That really stinks! We miss you!  I wish you the best of good health ALWAYS.

Donna, I'm thinking about you and your mom and hope she is resting comfortably. 

Welcome to all those who are joining us today. Good Shabbos!

Hugs, Sunny xox

@sunala,

......."sent Heartyou a message in new subject/COMM./ Chat". NAES

Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@kutira wrote:

Thank you Sunny! Heart

kutira really, nobody mentioned the significance of Sept 11? Where was this conference located?  Living in New York, I think there is more in the way of remembrance than if someone is in a different part of the country. I think that's just the way it is. 

When Oklahoma City was attacked, I'm sure the people who lived there felt more deeply about it than those of us who lived far away. Not to say we weren't affected by it, but it just couldn't have been the same. 

You are very welcome, and if you observe, Shabbat Shalom and Happy New Year to you as well! If not, have a beautiful weekend Heart

Hi Sunny--I'm in NE but listen a LOT to talk radio; the city had a service and people were told to pause at 9:11am.  Some people are just jerks.

I wouldn't be posting in this thread if I didn't observe.  L'Shana Tova!!

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Esteemed Contributor

@kutira wrote:

@sunala wrote:

@kutira wrote:

Thank you Sunny! Heart

Hi Sunny--I'm in NE but listen a LOT to talk radio; the city had a service and people were told to pause at 9:11am.  Some people are just jerks.

I wouldn't be posting in this thread if I didn't observe.  L'Shana Tova!!

Hi Kutira, at least they commemorated the occasion even though the time was way off. It makes no sense to me, but I guess it was better than nothing. 

I just pray that Patriots Day stays low-key, and never turns into a September 11 3-day weekend for sales and celebration. I shudder that it could possibly come to pass one day. 

Have a happy and sweet New Year!

Respected Contributor

HI Sunny,

Thank you so much for the sweet invitation.

I would have made my chopped liver but due to the heat wave I am not cooking. We will go out to supper after services tonight.

Actually the heat is a bit better. We actually have a breeze off the ocean this morning. It is supposed to be a bit cooler this week and heat up again just in time for Yom Kippur.