Esteemed Contributor

Shabbat Shalom, Happy Weekend and Happy Summer to All

Shabbat Shalom and a very happy and healthy weekend and a happy Summer Solstice to all! Hello, SUMMER!

It's so rewarding to be able to come together here at QVC's message board every Friday and share our holidays together, regardless of our beliefs. I'd like to thank all you beautiful people who join us on Fridays, regardless of how and where you pray. I'd also like to thank QVC for allowing us to be here.

A BIG WELCOME TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE JOINING US TODAY, and welcome back to all our regular posters. Your presence means a lot to us all Heart I'd also like to thank those of you who are having health issues and share your trials, tribulations and successes with us. Prayers for healing to each and every one of you. 

Prayers to all the children who are alone and frightened. I can't say any more but may these poor babies soon be reunited with their parents and their loved ones.

May all your loved ones be healthy, but if they are ill, may they soon be well.

To those who have lost loved ones, know that they will always be with you in your heart.

To those of you and your family with health issues, may everything turn out well. May your medical tests and those of your loved ones come back with happy results. May your medical treatments be successful and may you live a long and happy life.

Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your loved ones.

Now, even more than ever, may our leaders find the wisdom, maturity, courage, strength and sanity to make the right decisions for our security and well-being. G-d bless America!

Good thoughts and thanks to our military. May they come home safely and SOON. Bless all the servicemen that didn't make it home; and to those who are serving, thank you for your sacrifice and for being there to protect our safety.

Special prayers for all the children...may they be happy, have good health, enough to eat and drink, a warm bed, and the abiding love of parents and family who will protect them. May the children survive and thrive. No child should ever go to bed hungry, nor should anyone else in our beautiful, bountiful country. Help the food banks if you can. Even a little helps. May our own children and grandchildren be healthy and happy, and shed no tears of pain or sadness. And, MAY THEY BE SAFE in their schools, their temples and churches, and anywhere people gather.

Condolences to those of you that have lost a parent or a loved one recently. May you find the strength to carry on, and hold good memories of your blessed loved ones to keep you strong.

Try to do a good deed for a friend or a stranger. They'll feel good, and you'll feel better.

Good health and happiness to everyone who shares their thoughts and prayers and good wishes with us every week. Hug your loved ones every day and make sure they know you love them.

Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom, Happy Weekend and Happy Summer to All

Hello all, still rainy here in the Lower Hudson Valley.

Mr I am still oxox had a bad week, he was not feeling well on Monday ended up in the ER with a laceration on his spleen, how that happened we will never know. He was in the hospital Monday - Wednesday evening.

He is now home recovering and being a bit of a pain but at least he is home where I can take care of him. Its been a long week here

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Good Shabbos Sunny and friends,

I am hoping for a peaceful weekend for all. 

Have been hoping that all children are cared for and loved. Hard to think that some are not.

We celebrate the solstice here in a big way. We have a wonderul parade and then festivities in the park. Usually it is pretty hot and uncomfortable, but this year we are blessed with cool damp weather. It is a ton of fun. 

Love to come here for friendly community. Thank you Sunny. 

Donna can you send mr henny a virtual boston cream pie? The Q is out and he requested one for his bday-----. I am going to try to make one----lol. I have a few days to figure it out. 

henny

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hope everyone has a safe and peaceful SUMMER weekend.

Spring and Summer are my favorite seasons so Let The Sun Shine. 

I know so many have devastation from the heavy rain we have had.

Prayers that it stops and people can get their lives, homes, and property back to normal and livable again.

@I am still oxox ,

Hope your hubby recovers quickly. 

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox , We posted at the same time.

I am so sorry to hear about mr oxox. That is really scary.

How do they diagnose a tear on spleen and what do they do for it?

I am relieved to hear that he was able to come home. My thoughts are with you both.

xoxo

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos, happy summer!!

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny 

Thank you

First diagnosis was fluid in his abdomen with a CT scan with IV contrast then a second CT scan with contrast he drank, they narrowed it down to a laceration on his spleen, thing is he does not recall falling or getting injured at all

They watched his hemogloblin and hemocrit numbers, as long as they stayed even he was in a good place. His BP which is naturally low was very low so he spend the second night in the cardiac step down unit. It was a very hectic few days

@hennypenny wrote:

@I am still oxox , We posted at the same time.

I am so sorry to hear about mr oxox. That is really scary.

How do they diagnose a tear on spleen and what do they do for it?

I am relieved to hear that he was able to come home. My thoughts are with you both.

xoxo

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox , That is indeed a strange thing. I hope he continues to improve quickly.

I didn't know if they had had to remove spleen.

Take care, rest!

xoxo

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon, everyone, Smiley Happy 

Sunny, I second your prayers, and everyone else's thoughts/prayers.   It's good to end the week here, where everyone is kind and supportive. 

Hope you all had a good week.  Enjoy the weekend, whatever your plans.  The weather will be glorious here in central NY.  I hope your weather is just as nice. 

@hennypenny  happy birthday to Mr. hennypenny!  Any special plans? I wish I lived closer. I would bake  the cake and you could pretend you did it for him. LOL LOL  

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1018668-boston-cream-pie

In honor of  Mr. hennypenny's birthday,  Boston Cream Pie for everyone. Smiley Happy  Mangia! 

Image result for boston cream pie

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

@dmod nj  Mr. Henny here, thanks for the Boston Creme, the picture looks like a perfect one to me, thick yummy chocolate and wonderful filling, thanks again