Esteemed Contributor

Shabbat Shalom, Happy Weekend and A Blessed New Year!

Shabbat Shalom to all who observe the Sabbath, and a very happy and healthy weekend to all!

I'd also like to extend my best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year to all who observe, filled with blessings of good health, peace and love. L'Shana Tova! 

Image result for shana tova greetings

A BIG WELCOME TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE JOINING US TODAY, and welcome back to all our regulars. 

May all your loved ones be healthy, but if they are ill, may they soon be well.

To those of you and your family with health issues, may everything turn out well. May your medical tests and those of your loved ones come back with happy results. May your medical treatments be successful and may you live a long and happy life.

Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your loved ones.

Now, even more than ever, may our leaders find the wisdom, courage and strength to make the right decisions for our security and well-being. G-d bless America.

Good thoughts and thanks to our military. May they come home safely and SOON. Bless all the servicemen that didn't make it home; and to those who are serving, thank you for being there to protect our safety.

Special prayers for all the children...may they be happy, have good health, enough to eat and drink, a warm bed, and the abiding love of parents and family who will protect them. May the children survive and thrive. No child should ever go to bed hungry, nor should anyone else in our beautiful, bountiful country. Help the food banks if you can. Even a little helps. May our own children and grandchildren be healthy and happy, and shed no tears of pain or sadness.

May your parents be healthy and happy as well. I hope everyone's mom and dad, spouse, and children are healthy, and/or getting better.

Condolences to those of you that have lost a parent or a loved one recently. May you find the strength to carry on, and hold good memories of your blessed loved ones to keep you strong.

Try to do a good deed for a friend or a stranger. They'll feel good, and you'll feel better.

I'm thinking of those of you who has lost a dear loved one. Whether recent or not, it still hurts.

Good health and happiness to everyone who shares their thoughts and prayers and good wishes with us every week. Hug your loved ones every day and make sure they know you love them.

May the best of everything come your way, today and every day.

Wishing you all the very best, and a happy and healthy weekend to all xox

Shabbat Shalom.

Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom, Happy Weekend and A Blessed New Year!

@sunala and everyone, Shabbat Shalom and a Blessed New Year!

When I was working in LA we always knew when the holidays were. Now, not working and in not in an area with many observers, I lose track.

I had hoped to have posted in one of the threads a couple of weeks ago. The general area's one and only temple (still about 27+ mi away) had their annual Jewish Food Festival and I really wanted, and intended, to go. That was the weekend of our heat wave and it was 105+ at the temple and I don't do those temps, so I didn't go for fear of keeling over, but I was bummed :-(

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Image result for rosh hashanah  pics

Honored Contributor

Shabbat Shalom and a healthy and happy new year to my "sisters" here. 

Have my granddaughters this weekend. Know what that means....matza balls!! Their favorite when they come to visit. 

We're going to see "Leap" tomorrow and then to the Krispy Kreme Factory to watch the donuts go down the assembly line into the oil, flip over, fry and then go down and drop into the icing. Wouldn't it be great to make latkes that way...minus the icing? Maybe they could drop into applesauce!!! Lol

Happy & safe weekend to all.

Shanus

Respected Contributor

Shabbat Shalom and L'Shana Tova to those who observe. May all those affected by the devastation wrecked upon our shors remain safe and sound. Wishing all a wonderful weekend.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

Shall we dance?

Shabbat Salom    L'Shana Tova  and a very happy week to all!

Esteemed Contributor

L'Shana Tova to all my forum friends who celebrate. I hope you all have a very sweet & blessed year!! May there  be peace in the world 🌎 & peace in our hearts ♥️!!

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos and Happy New Year to everyone, holidays are upon us once again, enjoy!!

Honored Contributor

Good wishes for a happy, healthy New Year to all who observe!   I hope everyone has a safe, peaceful weekend.   Thank you, as always, for this thread, @sunala.    The sentiments you express in your original post are such good food for thought and important reminders.   My love to all who read and post here.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Hope you all are having a positive Friday.  TGIF! 

For those who observe, Good Shabbos and L'Shana Tova. I wish you peace and good health. 

Happy weekend all!  I hope you do something that makes you smile. Smiley Happy

All those affected by the recent storms continue to be in the forefront of my mind.   The changes to our earth/land have been drastic in some areas.  May they be restored over time. 

For all those in need of a prayer, you have my prayers. 

Sunny, thank you for this welcoming place to gather. 

Today, there are a few food holidays.  Why not celebrate all of them? 

National Double Cheeseburger Day, National Creme de Menthe Day and 

National Linguini  Day.    Help yourself. Smiley Happy  Mangia! 

Creme de Menthe pie

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.