Respected Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom, Happy Chanukah, and a Happy Weekend to All

adding===

fire now in montecito. 

we are gathering things as not too far from us. 

xoxo, henny

Honored Contributor

Oh @hennypenny  be safe. I will say a wee prayer that you are

Esteemed Contributor

Shabbat Shalom and a very happy Hanukkah.  And now for the question.  Does anyone have a good and easy recipe for potato Latkas.  I am sharing this year at a Christmas party.  Everyone will be bringing Christmas items and since the party date coincides with Hannukkah I thought I would bring potato latkas. I use a  food blender to cut up the potatoes and somehow they never turn out right.  Perhaps I should be hand shredding them. Any comments on the preparation would be appreciated.  

Honored Contributor

Have you tried any of the box mixes. I can't recall the brand I used to buy, but they really tasted nice

Honored Contributor

hennypenny wrote:

adding===

fire now in montecito. 

we are gathering things as not too far from us. 

xoxo, henny

Dearest @hennypenny,  extra prayers for you and yours.   My heart goes out to you.❤️    This is such a frightening situation.   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Justice4all wrote:

All I can wish you darlings is good health and happiness

Love and concern for@Stormygirl123

@Justice4all,  I continue prayers for our dear @Stormygirl, too.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy

I'm so late, but....................better late than never. 

I had to take a moment to say hi and wish you all a good week.

For those who will be celebrating Hanukkah, enjoy the food, love and laughter around your table.  Save me a latke or two or ten, please.Woman LOL  I like them crispy and thin.   

Next Saturday, my dear friend and I will be making latkes and Christmas cookies together, as we have for many years.   We take home some of each for our own families.   I may share my latkes with my husband............or not. LOL LOL   

@hennypennyplease check in and let us know you are ok. (((hugs Heart ))))

Sunny, thank you for your thoughtful, heartfelt post. Heart

Hope you all have a wonderful week.  Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I'm Catholic but I have friends who are Jewish.  I am so happy that Hanukkah starts on my birthday.  I've learned some things about Hanukkah and read stories about it.

My middle daughter had a friend who was Jewish and she and her Mom would come to school and teach everyone about Judaism.  I remember her saying one time, (paraphrasing from memory), "Judaism is not a religion.  It is a way of life".  

I learned so much respect from those teachings.  @sunala Thank you for taking the time to post blessings to all of us.  Annabelle/Linda

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hennypenny- you know I'm thinking about you and Mr. H. I'm sending you prayers and hugs. Be safe, and please keep in touch and let us know how you're doing.

Thank you everyone for posting this week. Have a happy and fun Chanukah. This is a great holiday because it's a happy one with lots of potato latkes and gifts and laughter! No tears and no fasting!

Have a wonderful week xox

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@hennypenny

Good luck and mozel, please check in with us when you can

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.