Respected Contributor

Taking up. the mantle this week to wish everyone a Shabbat Shalom and wishes for a healthy and happy week. Stay cool and take care of yourself and others. Sending prayers for all who need or want them. Be kind and gentle with yourself!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos to all!  Thank you, reiki604, for bringing us together for good thoughts and actions.

Prayers for those in need and good health and joy for all.

Esteemed Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all. Have a great weekend!!  

Honored Contributor

Shabbot Shalom all

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Wonderful weekend to everyone!!!

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @reiki604  for this week's thread. 

Good Shabbos and happy weekend to everyone. Smiley Happy

Hope you all had a wonderful week.   

Hope all of you are okay after Elsa.  No effects here in CNY,  other than a little rain.   

My prayers are with all those who are working and dealing with the public. 

Today is National Sugar Cookie Day.   There is a hot pot of coffee, hot water for tea..........enjoy a cookie or three. lol   Of course there are sugar free cookies available. 

Blue Ribbon Sugar Cookies Recipe | Land O'Lakes

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Super Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all you lovely people.  Wishing all of you a peaceful weekend filled with good food, good friends and lots of sunshine.  Hoping all those around you are in good health.  Those cookies look yummy. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom 7/9/21

[ Edited ]

sophiesofers,

This question is off topic, but by any chance are you related to Donnie Soffer?  I ask because my Matron of Honor was his executive secretary/assistant in the early 1970s when he was starting up Aventura and Turnberry Isle.  

As someone from the Washington, D.C., area, I had never heard of him until I moved down to Miami in the early '70s.  When "the girls" went out on Friday nights, one who came along with us was his daughter-in-law, I believe.  She was really nice and very attractive, as I recall.

[Age-wise, I do not think it works out that this woman was his son's wife.  Perhaps she was his nephew's wife?  I wish I could recall.  What I do remember was that she was one of Donnie's close relatives.  If I recall correctly, she had two children under the age of 5 when I knew her.]

[This is weird.  I was pressing my memory to remember the woman's name, and what I remembered was "Carol."  I am not sure of that, though.  But a few moments ago I went to the Wikipedia page for Donnie (Donald) Soffer and read that he was married to someone named Carol.  There were children born to him in years that would make the children I heard Carol talk about the appropriate age (the ones I remember).  For some reason, a couple years ago I decided that it was not Donnie's wife but a close relative who joined us for "girls night out," but now I'm not so sure.  Things were very confusing for me in those days and I had experienced a lot of trauma, so if I forgot who was who, I am not surprised.  Please understand that Aventura was up and coming and Mr. Soffer was not quite the great figure then that he is now.  I only waved to him once from the distance.  On the other hand, I was introduced to and shook hands with the second guy in command at Aventura/Turnberry Isle.  I remember his name and that of his wife, who was a very good friend of Lucille Ball (of all things).  Now all that I remember!  Go and figure.]

[Sadly, my Matron of Honor passed away in 2003, and so I am unable to ask her if Carol was with us a couple times and if she was Donnie's wife.]

Respected Contributor
Shabbat Shalom to all the lovely posters & those who read this thread! Sending wishes for a peaceful, healthy & safe weekend.

Little bit cooler here in SE WI. It is nice to turn off the central ac & give it a much deserved rest.

Thank you @reiki604 for starting us off. Everyone always sharing their special thoughts gives me a lift. Also, hello to @sunala 🌞🌻
Honored Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all here and a happy and safe weekend. 

We're in the middle of a rain storm w/ damaging winds and maybe hail...lights are flicking, so will end here.

Shanus