Honored Contributor

Re: Seriously looking for a type of lady-like bib.

@Krimpette wrote:

A friend uses those dental bib clips with her favorite napkin.  She also takes a set of those clips when dining out to use with napkins.  (Those clips are readily available from Amazon).

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

Found one on Amazon, to be ordering.  For some reason, there's an area that every now and then, I'll either be looking in the mirror or just down and same spot, there's this dot of a spill.  I must have a hole in my bottom lip, to seemingly hit the same spot.  

Found a bib/apron thing and I can pass it off as an apron.  Only the 2 of us here, will know the real reason for it.  It's so funny though.....same dang spot.  I mean if we have spaghetti, I make sure I'm not in a white top and have taken to putting a small towel in the front of me.  Geeeezzzzzy pete.

Am I alone in this? LOL

what about a box of "chucks" those blue pads you could tuck them on you 

Medpride Disposable Underpads 23'' X 36'' (50-Count) Incontinence Pads, Bed Covers, Puppy Training | Thick, Super Absorbent Protection for Kids, Adults, Elderly | Liquid, Urine, Accidents

When I took care of dad, he was incontinent and sat on those pads.  Just don't think I want one over my clothes.  I'm sticking with the apron/bib type I've ordered, but thanks for the suggestion.  LOL

Highlighted
Super Contributor

What a great idea! I just found some on Amazon called Dining Scarf Cravaats. They come in really pretty prints and can be worn out as a scarf, then arranged for more coverage at dining time. Perfect for going out to a restaurant...

Thanks for the idea!

Respected Contributor

If I'm home wearing something nice paper towels tucked in work. 

Honored Contributor

I use a paper towel....just sayin😄

Honored Contributor

I love a little glass of red wine at night.Woman Happy

So I have a collection of aprons that don't *show* red wine stains.  Last nights was a crazy MacKenzie-Childs frilly watermelon print one. 

Respected Contributor

I keep a cheapo extra large men's T shirt in my kitchen & put it on over my clothes.  It helps with splatters from cooking & drips & drops while eating & it gets washed once a week with my regular laundry.

Honored Contributor

I probably need one but I had never heard of bibs except for eating lobster. My mom always wore a snap up sleeveless apron that she had on when she cooked. I guess if they had a non "bib-like" bib I'd try it out, though I've tucked in a paper towel or napkin if its a really dicey meal like red spaghetti sauce. I wouldn't do it in public though. 

Honored Contributor

My friends always wear these very pretty "adult" bibs.  They were made for them similar to a lobster bib.  Whenever we eat out that's the first thing they do -- put their bibs on!

Its actually pretty smart because inevitably I get a spot or drop on whatever shirt I'm wearing🤷‍♀️.  Worse, usually sauce on a white shirt😡🙄

Super Contributor

If you do a search on Cobbler Apron on amazon, etc. you will find the short bib-like aprons. Some are plan but if you scroll down there are some really cute ones. I like the llamas.