Valued Contributor

Re: Seriously looking for a type of lady-like bib.

@qualitygal  Check out etsy,anything crafty,handmade and unique usually they have it.

Respected Contributor

when my mom was in a nursing home, they called them "clothing protectors" and not bibs. they didn't want to hurt their self-esteem.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH though he'd be ha ha funny and he got us a pair of lovely matching baby blue bibs to wear while we eat dinner watching Jeopardy in front of the tv. He thought it was a brilliant idea and it would help with the laundry (yup....his favorite T's are now safe). 

Honored Contributor

@Jasmine19 wrote:

I have a few snap front "lunch lady" cobbler style aprons I use for cooking and eating. They have crew necks and are long enough to protect my lap while sitting.

What I found and got, can be used as an apron and double for me to protect my clothes.  Your description is what I found.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I always get a spot or two on the front of my top while eating.  Sometimes food drops from my fork.

I am short and very busty, so things get in the way.

I have taken to just wearing my full aprons when I am wearing something nice or just don't want to get a spot of food on myself.

I have been to craft shows where I have seen adult bibs for sale.  My DH always comments on how I should get one and even offers to pony up the money and pay.

I use degreaser to pre treat when I wash my clothes.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal   My mantra is: "if it's good enough to eat, it's good enough to wear", and I do!

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@luvzchiz wrote:

@qualitygal   My mantra is: "if it's good enough to eat, it's good enough to wear", and I do!

That is funny.

My DH always asks me if I am saving some food for later when I get some on me.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Found one on Amazon, to be ordering.  For some reason, there's an area that every now and then, I'll either be looking in the mirror or just down and same spot, there's this dot of a spill.  I must have a hole in my bottom lip, to seemingly hit the same spot.  

Found a bib/apron thing and I can pass it off as an apron.  Only the 2 of us here, will know the real reason for it.  It's so funny though.....same dang spot.  I mean if we have spaghetti, I make sure I'm not in a white top and have taken to putting a small towel in the front of me.  Geeeezzzzzy pete.

Am I alone in this? LOL

what about a box of "chucks" those blue pads you could tuck them on you 

Medpride Disposable Underpads 23'' X 36'' (50-Count) Incontinence Pads, Bed Covers, Puppy Training | Thick, Super Absorbent Protection for Kids, Adults, Elderly | Liquid, Urine, Accidents

Respected Contributor

@luvzchiz wrote:

Love that! Gonna get DH a new bib with that printed on the front. He'll LOVE it. Thanks for the inspiration/mantra!

Respected Contributor

@silkyk   Thank you.  I am honored!  It is my original, and  hope he enjoys his new gift 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet