Honored Contributor

Re: Seriously looking for a type of lady-like bib.

@qualitygal   I don't see that it should matter what you put around you to catch spills.  You are not out in public.  I use towels, paper towels or whatever else is available to keep clothes spotless!  

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Found one on Amazon, to be ordering.  For some reason, there's an area that every now and then, I'll either be looking in the mirror or just down and same spot, there's this dot of a spill.  I must have a hole in my bottom lip, to seemingly hit the same spot.  

Found a bib/apron thing and I can pass it off as an apron.  Only the 2 of us here, will know the real reason for it.  It's so funny though.....same dang spot.  I mean if we have spaghetti, I make sure I'm not in a white top and have taken to putting a small towel in the front of me.  Geeeezzzzzy pete.

Am I alone in this? LOL

@qualitygal,   No you are not alone. There is a catalog called Buck and Buck that offers bibs that I have used with some patients. They are full coverage including the lap. They are fabric on top and waterproof underneath.They have Velcro closures. This catalog has many adaptive clothing items for men and women.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a nice collection of pretty aprons, so I just leave mine on when I am eating.   In fact, it seems like I rarely take it off.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@hckynut Well, John, we used to do that but have gone really upscale now!  Woman Very Happy

We bought a $9 set of 6 navy napkins from World Market I think it was and now they are maroon from washing and bleaching!  Napkins!  Woman Wink

We wore out the old Sam's bar towels we were using!  Woman Very Happy  These are thicker.  Which says a lot about us doesn't it? 

Respected Contributor

When I eat at a restaurant, the napkin is in my lap.

But at home I always eat in the living room in front of the tv.  If I am eating something messy (spaghetti, etc.) I will tuck a napkin in the neck of my shirt! 

I am a neat eater sitting on a chair at a table.  But curled up in my big chair concentrating on tv...not so much!

Valued Contributor

I have a few snap front "lunch lady" cobbler style aprons I use for cooking and eating. They have crew necks and are long enough to protect my lap while sitting.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Sitting here with my big cloth napkin and coffee.  Have nerve damage and always have it, even for drinking.  My grandpa always wore one tucked into his shirt.  

Valued Contributor

I love threads like this!  So informative and uplifting, when we share thoughts and ideas with others.

Makes one feel less alone.

Valued Contributor

Nope, you're not alone. When I am eating something like spaghetti, or even a messy burger, I put on an apron that has the bib on top.  Of course, I only do this at home. 😁

Honored Contributor

A friend uses those dental bib clips with her favorite napkin.  She also takes a set of those clips when dining out to use with napkins.  (Those clips are readily available from Amazon).