Honored Contributor

Seriously looking for a type of lady-like bib.

[ Edited ]

Found one on Amazon, to be ordering.  For some reason, there's an area that every now and then, I'll either be looking in the mirror or just down and same spot, there's this dot of a spill.  I must have a hole in my bottom lip, to seemingly hit the same spot.  

Found a bib/apron thing and I can pass it off as an apron.  Only the 2 of us here, will know the real reason for it.  It's so funny though.....same dang spot.  I mean if we have spaghetti, I make sure I'm not in a white top and have taken to putting a small towel in the front of me.  Geeeezzzzzy pete.

Am I alone in this? LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Seriously looking for a type of lady-like bib.

@qualitygal 

Heck I have been using big old dish towels for years, and most of the foods I eat do not drip. Some are solid pieces and fall off a spoon or fork, and some, like my Cheerios, I eat like a snack. Same with my main meal, popcorn.

Recently got my wife doing it, and she eats all kinds of dressings and red sauces. Took seeing what you mentioned to follow my lead. I really am only into function, the heck with how it/I look!

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut   I love how you were the first one to reply and totally understand!!! LOL

Honored Contributor

Nope, not ready to be wearing a bib just yet.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I do the same ,john .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal  No, you are not alone. Glad to know there are other people like me who always end up wearing their food. 😄 By eating only at home now days, at least I'm not ruing my good clothes anymore. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

So glad you found something that works for you! When my amazing grandchildren began to eat independently, I started to purchase VERY inexpensive cloth napkins.

Although they were originally ONLY for the grand babies, I soon noticed that my grown up "boys and girls" were going for the cloth napkins when THEY came over for a sandwich or cup of coffee or tea.

It was THEN that I "confessed" that I use them too, as bandana style aprons. Now THE WHOLE FAMILY USES THEM.

Before I undertook my weight loss do over, I almost never ate a meal that didn't result in railroad tracks down my shirts, but now that the runway is a little more limited, my problem has diminished somewhat, but I STILL don't eat greasy or tomato-y foods without extra coverage.

GOOD FOR YOU @qualitygal  for seeking out a solution. I'll be taking a look at your new found "clothing savers" myself!

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Nope, not ready to be wearing a bib just yet.

I used to go to war with people at the residential care centers I visited about not using demeaning language when referring to the tools needed by the residents. 

Words can help; words can hurt. I wear "aprons" and "clothing savers" myself, not "bibs". My end goal is keeping spots off my clothes, that's what I do, that's why I do it.

Esteemed Contributor

I can’t understand why protecting your clothing is a big deal.

Certain foods do stain clothing.  Last time I checked, clothing is not cheap.  Why ruin your clothing unnecessarily?  

Valued Contributor

Many years ago, when of course I was much younger, I had an older friend (probably younger than i now am!) who dressed beautifully - and always tucked in her neckline a linen napkin before she ate.  Regardless of what she was eating, the napkin was used.

At that time, I thought how silly that looked and said to myself that I would never do anything like that - so gauche -

And flash forward to today, and I do the same thing!  It doesn't matter what I am eating -  a smudge or smear ends up on my front.

A nice large paper napkin works too but the linen one feels more elegant!

This is for "at home" eating only though -