Respected Contributor

Re: September 2022 Bird's Nest

@Bird mama 

Thank You for the prayers for my DD. 

She returned to work yesterday for the first time in over a month. She said it went better then she thought it would. Yes, yes she got pretty tired, but she made it. She went back to today and I hope it goes ok. Then the next three days she will have off.

Some tests are back. She is not allergic to cats or dogs. OK

She may need to have a bone marrow test. She will see an oncologist next week. I guess it is some kind of blood disorder. She states it isn't cancer or leukemia. So we will have to wait until all the tests return. Her eosinofils have dropped, but now the finicils (spelling) have climbed up??? I think before we can make any call here she will need to the the oncologist. 

Respected Contributor

@possummink 

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. The waiting is so hard. 

@possummink wrote:

@Leeny wrote:

@Bird mama @viva923 @Epicurean @mousiegirl @possummink 

I've only a bit of time as DH has his monthly visit for his eye injections, but I thought I'd drop a short message at least regarding my DD.

I tell you the BIG Clinic in Rochester is a huge maze.I wouldn't ever be able to get around there without someone knowing where they are going.Thank goodness DD works there and knows it well.

The doctor she seen spent a lot of time with here and answered all our questions for now.

She needed a lot more labs, so she's waiting for those results. I pray that this will be something that the steroids can fix. It's another waiting and waiting for her now. This disease is something else and is not something that comes up everyday. When I know more I'll let all of you know. I am praying now that it isn't C.

@Leeny 

Leeny,  I am so sorry your daughter is having to go through all of this.  I kind of know how you feel as my daughter has had Crohn's Disease since she was in her 20ies and she will be 60 next January.  No cure for Crohn's, just trying to manage it.   She has a severe case, had a resection, and a few other awful complications.   She was on steroids, prednisone, for quite a while and that caused a lot of weight gain.  Now she has monthly infusions, I don't remember the chemicals name or 'cocktail'.   She goes to the Ca hospital for the infusion, which takes a couple of hours.   

I hope the doctors can get your daughter's illness under some control.  Sending prayers and support.   🙏😥🙏

Respected Contributor

@hellie jo 

Thank you for your thoughts. It's hard to watch your children suffer. Even though she's 44 years old she is still my baby. We oldster's are expected to get sick, but not our kids. Not yet, but it happens. Those good old genetics.

@hellie jo wrote:

@Leeny I hope your DD will get relief and she will be helped. I can surely relate to those kinds of problems.Bless your DD and your family.

Respected Contributor

@viva923 

It's a nice day here too today. Sunny, breezy and a cool and no rain, but it's coming this weekend. Just ask arthur.. arthritis that is.

Did Sponge Bob..( j,k). get all your railings and steps finished?

@viva923 wrote:

hello all

really not much here today

house opened up, very sunny and a smidge on cool side today feels almost fallish today

not much else.later guys

. That will be so nice for you now when that is finished.

Honored Contributor

hello all

Leeny,the steps are finished as far as they can go.

still a bit of work left on the back steps but it is minor,dh is exchanging the light caps of the 4x4 posts to just caps,no lights,we don't need them on the back steps rarely used at night.we have a bright porch light.

one of the boards on the steps has to be s crewed down, it is to loose for my liking. 

not much else,later guys

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here

very fall like today, cool temps,hazy today, heard on news last night the hazy is from fires from where that I DID NOT catch,

did normal chores, clothes folded and put away, gabbed with neighbor lady for 1 hour

not much else.later guys

Honored Contributor

Hmmm @Leeny   Has she seen a hematologist?  Perhaps they are recommending an oncologist because of the medication that will be required to control her disease?  I remember when my eldest sister was being given infusion therapy for RA and she also took methotrexate.  I said that's a chemotherapeutic medication, did you know that?  She didn't ask her doctors questions before I brought it up and she didn't ask questions after I brought it up.  She thought I was a PITA.

I never said the drug didn't add value to the overall treatment.  I just asked if she knew why she was swallowing it daily and how it was 'helping her'.  I learned early on to shut up. Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  and everyone, look what someone found in her kitchen waste recycling container.  We put ours in a compost box in the back of the garden.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  Raccoons are smart and they know how to use their little hands.  I know the ends of many animals arms and legs are called paws however I think hands is more appropriate for raccoons. 

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean 

Forgot Birthday GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Happy Birthday Flowers GIFs — Download on Funimada.com