Honored Contributor

Re: September 2022 Bird's Nest

Oh @viva923  I'm sorry that you had such a rough day.  It can be especially hard on a Sunday to find the right people who can work on and correct any given issue around the house.  Although my circuit breaker panel in the basement had the biggies (kitchen/fridge, furnace, AC) identified when I bought the house, I decided to map the rest of the smaller things likes outlets in certain rooms.  Let me tell you, it was hysterical trying to do it alone for a 2 story house.  

Up the stairs, down the stairs, moving lamps from outlet to outlet so I could tell when the lights went out that I hit the right breaker switch.  Then of course there are some outlets that are just live and you plug something in and others that don't go live until you flip the light switch that activates it.

I finally broke down and bought this voltage tester pen because let's face it, I got alotta outlets and sooner or later I was gonna drop that lamp.

Mr. Pen- Voltage Tester, Electrical Tester, Non Contact Voltage Tester, Tester  Electric, Electric Tester Pen, Voltage Detector, Electrical Testers, Voltage  Tester Pen, Electricity Tester, Power Tester: Amazon.com: Tools & Home  Improvement

It's a safe way to determine if an outlet it dead or alive.  My pen is so sensitive that when I get close to an outliet it lights up and chirps to warn me there's voltage running through.  You basically insert the plastic tip into the outlet and it lets you know if the outlet is dead or alive.  It usually takes years but an outlet can fail after awhile.

I think I got all of the outlets mapped but I'm not sure, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hello all

birdmama, got a story to tell you can't now

super busy today.

getting moderna shot in half hour.

Respected Contributor

@viva923 

Dear Viva, I feel so bad for you. It seems when it rains it pours. I know how exasperating things can get for us at times. I hope you could get some decent rest at the hotel. If they had a pool I'd been in there all night. I am not even kidding. 

I hope all is well with you today and you can get back to some normalcy. Take Care.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Just a little note. I am still kicking and that's not saying a whole lot. I spent this afternoon transferring my summer clothes to the spare bedroom closet and moving my fall/winter clothes to my  master bedroom. What an ordeal I tell you. I did manage to fill 2 garbage bags with clothes that I am sending to the missionary store. I still have a couple of dressers to go through, but not today. I also have 2 shoe racks to sort through also. I know there are shoes I can't wear anymore. Now, I need a nap. 

Honored Contributor

hello all

birdmama, dh went to lowes on sunday morn he was there at 7am he got one of those testers. come to find out the wet side of the house (which is the side that went belly up is all 15 amps the dry side of the house is 20 amps any extra pull of electric which bob's saw needs we have to plug into the plug outlets on the front side of the house. bob's saw draws 12amps so that means he is pulling so much electric to that saw that if anything turns on it will cause a crash because bob's saw is pulling 99% of the amperage on back side of the house (that includes the outside plug in receptacle 15 amps)

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here

got call from new gi doctor office asking me to update all meds/surg's i have had and such, i gave them all i could remember know i forgot so much 

sunny but coolish day here.

did get morn walk in, foot doc said he doesn't want to me to walk for awhile, i am walking, i can't sit home twiddling my thumbs.

step builder guy still hasn't shown up today for working wonder if he will do anything today.

not much else. guys later.

Honored Contributor

Ahhh @viva923  that explains it perfectly Viva, dude keeps overloading the circuit.  

Honored Contributor

I made the mistake of catching the end of an old Hoarders episode near the end of last week and I've been purging and reorganizing since, lol.  I have drawers, shelves and cabinetry that was in the basement when I bought the house and whoo I've been looking at things, coming to realize my husband don't give a flying fig if I pitch them (been in heaven 15 years).  Went through small baggies of things left over/extra from ready to assemble furnitures, carts etc - I have stuff for items that I don't even have in the house any more.

Got rid of the pilates machine - it hurt my shoulders more than helped, got rid of a corner desk.  Trying to get as much to the curb so when I call the 1 800 got junk guys I won't need them for much.

You would never have known either since there's a place for everything and everything has a place.  My new motto is not every place needs to be populated with something Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Very full day today. Went to see the Dermatologist Dr. this morning and had all my labs done..."again" 

Then I came home for 2 minutes and then headed to the YMCA for my pool therapy. This is my first time to this location. It is gigantic!! The water was wonderful.I can't wait to go again next week. I work at my own pace.

Then I picked up DH to go the CPAP store for supplies and then come to find out his insurance wants him to use the store associated with the clinic to get a lot better price. So I had to call the doctor to send his RX orders to the new location. grrrrrr.

So, tomorrow back we go to the Clinic's store to get his supplies. 

We finally got to eat "lunch" at 4PM. So I call this meal La Din. Washing my suit and towels and then I am heading to put my pj's on. I am exhausted ZZZZZZZ

Honored Contributor

hello all

watching weather to track ian see what path it will take

dug out some paperwork for doc appoint tomorrow

did normal chores

did morn walk

cool but sunny gentle breeze, not much else.later guys