Respected Contributor

Re: September 2022 Bird's Nest

@Epicurean 

You are not the only one this has happened to. I've experienced this in the past, not recently. We had a delivery at 9pm one night. Plus, now that I think of it UPS has made very late deliveries too. We use to Always get our mail early in the morning, now it comes whenever it decides to show up. We've even had mailed delivered twice in one day. I don't know if we've been moved to a thing called a swing route or what, but it's never ever the same 2 days in a row.

@Epicurean wrote:

I have a ,unimportant, question for you all. It's 8:15 at night and our mail is just being delivered. Is this happening all over or just here? 
like I said it's not important,but just wondering 🤨

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'LIGHTS OUT for birds during peak migration Sept. Oct. 6 TWO THIRDS of all songbirds migrate at night. Light pollution can cause them become confused. TRACY AVIARY encourages everyone turn off all unnecessary lights. this is not an option, use warm white yellow colored light bulbs, shield your light bulbs direct light down, and install motion sensors. If working indoors at night, close the drapes. COLDER BLUISH WHITES WORST WARMER YELLOWISH TONES BETTER RED SHIELDED MOTION SENSORED BETTER OFF BEST'

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean wrote:

I have a ,unimportant, question for you all. It's 8:15 at night and our mail is just being delivered. Is this happening all over or just here? 
like I said it's not important,but just wondering 🤨

@Epicurean 

I haven't as far as I can remember,  ever had my mail delivered as late as yours,, Epicurean.   Most of the time, it comes before 2 to 3pm.   Wow,  that is really late for regular mail delivery.   Maybe a vehicle problem for the mailman???

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower

Honored Contributor

May be an image of ocean, twilight, sky and text

Honored Contributor

May be an image of food and text that says 'Bonjour 13 Septembre Ephéméride Seasonal Calendar Good Morning'

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Epicurean  I went though late mail delivery like you mention more in 2021.  When I spoke with one of my mail carriers in 2020 she described changes to the process that really made it difficult for mail carriers.  It seems to have worked itself out in my case.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

hello all

EPI, my mail delivery is all over the charts, early as 10am to as late as 10pm each day it is different.the closer it gets to colder weather / xmas mail gets later and later, some days we were not even delivered to. it came a day or two later. it is the sign of the times.

back steps is almost finished. just 3 or the 4 railings have to put on to the posts. hope bob gets here today. he is out buying a suit for this wedding he is attending down in florida this weekend (his mother's wedding), he was not sure he could get here today if not he said he would finish it up tomorrow. he will not get paid till railings are finished. Bob did pick up 99% of the old steps,he is using the base as a cutting table,it is just at the correct height for him. at least that is almost all gone.

dh made an appoint with his knee doctor wednesday,his knee has been paining him for past week or so.

otherwise all is OK  here.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama @viva923 @Epicurean @mousiegirl @possummink 

I've only a bit of time as DH has his monthly visit for his eye injections, but I thought I'd drop a short message at least regarding my DD.

I tell you the BIG Clinic in Rochester is a huge maze.I wouldn't ever be able to get around there without someone knowing where they are going.Thank goodness DD works there and knows it well.

The doctor she seen spent a lot of time with here and answered all our questions for now.

She needed a lot more labs, so she's waiting for those results. I pray that this will be something that the steroids can fix. It's another waiting and waiting for her now. This disease is something else and is not something that comes up everyday. When I know more I'll let all of you know. I am praying now that it isn't C.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not to much here today

did normal chores

did morn walk

very fallish feeling today outside,wore a lightweight jacket for my morn walk today

waiting for bob the builder to come and finish up the last 2 railings before he leaves today for vacation

that is about all for now,later all