Honored Contributor

Re: September 2022 Bird's Nest

So I was going to do a Potter-thon over the weekend as in back to back Harry Potter movies.  I made it through the first 3 movies when I found a flaw in the Goblet of Fire movie that seized the film midway through.  I cleaned the DVD and tried it on both DVD players - nothing.  I ordered a DVD of the movie from the Amazon when I ordered some Hagen pigeon food.

The movie arrived on Labor Day (I was shocked) and I finished watching Goblet of Fire and followed it with Order of the Phoenix.

Yesterday I was determined to finish the last 3 movies in the office  where I have a smaller TV and DVD player.  I smelled something weird near the end of the movie and couldn't figure out where the smell was coming from.  Finished the Potter-thon, checked a bit of twitter on desktop and then turned everything off.

Today about an hour into having the desktop on I smelled the burning wire smell again.  Took the tower downstairs, opened the case vacuumed it out, made sure fuses and motherboard looked good.  Connected everything and the smell came back.  That's when I rushed like the hounds of he** were after me to copy over every file of value from the desktop to the portable SanDisk SSD drive.

I'm communicating via laptop now but I miss my old desktop.  I ordered a new HP powersource on e-bay.  Rather spend $65 than the price of a new desktop in the global chip shortage.

My husband built his computer - he was a true computer geek.  I think he would be proud that his wife is taking a shot, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@mousiegirl 

mmm? Cat??

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

That's a cat?  Wow, I don't know why I thought it was something else.  I guess I can kind of see it @mousiegirl 

@Bird mama   "“Cat” likely came into many of the common names for ringtails in part because ringtails are about the size of a house cat and in part because, as legend has it, gold rush era miners once enticed ringtails to live in their cabins as pet mousers"

, lol.. I can't see cat in that face, but I believe you. I've watched a ton of wild life programs in my life and I've never heard of this one. As they say, we learn something new everyday.

@Leeny   As I posted above, it was not named for it's face, but for it's size, and the prople back then probably didn't know the name of it, just a critter about the size of a cat.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

So I was going to do a Potter-thon over the weekend as in back to back Harry Potter movies.  I made it through the first 3 movies when I found a flaw in the Goblet of Fire movie that seized the film midway through.  I cleaned the DVD and tried it on both DVD players - nothing.  I ordered a DVD of the movie from the Amazon when I ordered some Hagen pigeon food.

The movie arrived on Labor Day (I was shocked) and I finished watching Goblet of Fire and followed it with Order of the Phoenix.

Yesterday I was determined to finish the last 3 movies in the office  where I have a smaller TV and DVD player.  I smelled something weird near the end of the movie and couldn't figure out where the smell was coming from.  Finished the Potter-thon, checked a bit of twitter on desktop and then turned everything off.

Today about an hour into having the desktop on I smelled the burning wire smell again.  Took the tower downstairs, opened the case vacuumed it out, made sure fuses and motherboard looked good.  Connected everything and the smell came back.  That's when I rushed like the hounds of he** were after me to copy over every file of value from the desktop to the portable SanDisk SSD drive.

I'm communicating via laptop now but I miss my old desktop.  I ordered a new HP powersource on e-bay.  Rather spend $65 than the price of a new desktop in the global chip shortage.

My husband built his computer - he was a true computer geek.  I think he would be proud that his wife is taking a shot, lol.

@Bird mama 

I'm sure he would be. ❤️

Your talents are never-ending!👍

Honored Contributor

@geezerette   I feel confident about puzting with the computer because 

A.  it's on old windows 7 (my favorite operating system of all time)

B.  Everything that means anything to me has been backed up

C.  I have a windows 10 laptop so I won't be cut off from civilization

Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

hey all

put a kibosh on back steps for now.

rather to be safe than sorry

called main park office asked about requirements for new steps, builder has to make drawings of new steps/materials used/ before builder can begin. when these steps will begin don't know how long these drawings take to be approved. may have to return all the products (which are still at Lowes to pick up) and begin again when park gives OK.

did not want to lose out on money because someone from the park office notices new steps or some crappy neighbors complains about the new steps. want to be safe than sorry.

not much else. later guys

PS

got an appoint with GI doctor on 29 sept my IBD is really acting up severely. my old doctor retired so this is a newbe doctor will i like him will see.

later guys.

Honored Contributor

got the approval for the front/back steps so bobby will begin tomorrow making the new steps. 

Honored Contributor

I'm glad they approved the plans for the steps @viva923 

Trusted Contributor

Nothing going on here! Just got off the phone with our son. He turned 49 today. Boy,does this make me feel old. He's younger than his sister. 
Very proud of him,he's a good guy and has two great sons!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday to your son @Epicurean 

Honored Contributor

hello all

not to much here today

bob the step builder name (his real name is bob) dropped off a small portion of the steps order i hope he is picking up the remainder of the order at lowes. it has been sitting there since tuesday night. lowes said they would hold it.

sunny gentle breeze today. not much else. later guys.