Honored Contributor

Re: September 2022 Bird's Nest

I hope you don't experience flooding @viva923 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

That's a cat?  Wow, I don't know why I thought it was something else.  I guess I can kind of see it @mousiegirl 

Honored Contributor

It's been my experience, albeit a limited experience as an involved Aunt @Leeny that yelling only feeds whatever is going on.  I remember when the unruly one (lol) was maybe two she decided to have a temper tantrum in the grass of her backyard.  I mean that kid was showing her natural a**.  My middle sister was trying to console her and that only fed the attention she was seeking with the outburst.  I on the other hand looked down on her dispassionately, scooted her away from the sidewalk and said, when you're done, let me know and I turned away from her.  

My sister was horrified, her paternal grandmother was horrified.  I winked at both of them and the kid stopped cutting up after about 90 seconds.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  okay I see that it's a relative of a raccoon.  I took it literally like a meow meow kind of cat.  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

That's a cat?  Wow, I don't know why I thought it was something else.  I guess I can kind of see it @mousiegirl 

@Bird mama   "“Cat” likely came into many of the common names for ringtails in part because ringtails are about the size of a house cat and in part because, as legend has it, gold rush era miners once enticed ringtails to live in their cabins as pet mousers"

Honored Contributor

Fascinating @mousiegirl 

Honored Contributor

hello all

it is a deluge of rain outside, did my morn walk,came home soaked. my socks had to be peeled off my feet. no wind so rain is just coming straight down.

did normal chores, otherwise not much else,later guys

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl 

mmm? Cat??

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@Bird mama   "“Cat” likely came into many of the common names for ringtails in part because ringtails are about the size of a house cat and in part because, as legend has it, gold rush era miners once enticed ringtails to live in their cabins as pet mousers"

, lol.. I can't see cat in that face, but I believe you. I've watched a ton of wild life programs in my life and I've never heard of this one. As they say, we learn something new everyday.

Honored Contributor

hello all

if anyone is interested wrote a long post about the new front/back door steps in SUMMER OCEAN BREEZE. PAGE 832, these steps are very expensive can't back out now.

raining today,not hard just a nuisance rain. did get morn walk in. later guys

Honored Contributor

@viva923  I read the post and sadly am not surprised about the cost.  Wood composite is like a combo of wood and some kind of plastic.  It should be treated during manufacturing to maintain the color you chose.  You'll never get a splinter and can walk on it barefooted (unless it's a hot summer day and then like everything else it will be hot).  You'll never have to paint it or stain it.  Honestly it should last the rest of your lifetime until you get hit by some kinda typhoon or something