Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,497
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: September 2022 Bird's Nest

@Bird mama  and everyone, someone just posted a video of a ring-tailed Cat in the area, never knew they were around here.  Here is a pic I found by googling.

 

Ringtail - Wikipedia

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,207
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: September 2022 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

Mousiegirl,here's the recipe.

ingredients:

3 med peaches

2/3 cup sugar

pinch salt

1 1/4 cup whole milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract 

1cup heavy whipping cream

 

FYI, I Make two batches,only one fits in the machine at a time.

 

peel,slice peace's.put peaches in food processor. I like to liquify some so the ice cream has a good peach taste. Chop them to size you like

in med. bowl whisk sugar,salt,whole milk, vanilla till most of the sugar is dissolved.

add the heavy cream ,stir.

stir in peaches.

pour into ice cream maker,let run for 15 mins.

you can eat it soft or freeze for 2 hours to harden.

 

Enjoy!

let me know if you have any questions.

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,611
Registered: ‎06-24-2011

Re: September 2022 Bird's Nest

@Epicurean 

OMG  Peach Ice cream!!! My favorite!!. Man I do wish I lived by you. I've never had home made ice cream that I can remember. Peach ice cream and Peach Pie together is my all time favorite desert Heart My mouth is watering as I write this. Woman LOL


@Epicurean wrote:

I am beat,but it was worth it. Told D. H. To get some peaches at the farmers market,also whole milk and heavy cream. Just got done making two batches of peach ice cream. Will give one to daughter,they get back from Hawaii tomorrow. It tastes just unbelievable! Only make this one once a year when the peaches are ready,will NOT use frozen.🍊🍦😋. If you all lived nearby I'd invite you all over to sit on the screened deck and have some.


 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,497
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: September 2022 Bird's Nest


@Epicurean wrote:

Mousiegirl,here's the recipe.

ingredients:

3 med peaches

2/3 cup sugar

pinch salt

1 1/4 cup whole milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract 

1cup heavy whipping cream

 

FYI, I Make two batches,only one fits in the machine at a time.

 

peel,slice peace's.put peaches in food processor. I like to liquify some so the ice cream has a good peach taste. Chop them to size you like

in med. bowl whisk sugar,salt,whole milk, vanilla till most of the sugar is dissolved.

add the heavy cream ,stir.

stir in peaches.

pour into ice cream maker,let run for 15 mins.

you can eat it soft or freeze for 2 hours to harden.

 

Enjoy!

let me know if you have any questions.

 

 


@Epicurean   Thank you so much. Smiley Happy  The only peach ice cream I ever ate was as a child, grocery store bought, and I thought it had no flavor at all, so never ate it again.  I am looking forward to making this recipe, may have to use frozen peaches now as peach season is over here, but next year, as soon as peaches hit the produce markets, I will make this.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,611
Registered: ‎06-24-2011

Re: September 2022 Bird's Nest

@Bird mama 

Well the symptoms for each child are different and different degrees. But usually the biggest red flag is the lack of being able to focus and listen and retain information. Problems can also being not able to sit still or take direction. 

 

Now with our GS his biggest issues were not being able to focus. As my DD explained to DH and I his brain works so fast that it is thinking in reverse ( counter clock wise) Our brains, if they are (normal) work clock wise. When she told me he needs a stimulant medication I thought to myself, what????. but it is true. She is already seeing a lot of improvement. Thank God, now that school is in full swing. Also what is helping him is being in Karate classes. It's all about focusing on yourself and directions for him. 

 

I don't know if this helps you understand, but it may shed a little light on it. 

 


@Bird mama wrote:

@Leeny   My sister had mis-heard the comment about great niece's RX and so when I walked over to other deck and asked niece what RX is GN on, she casually said ADD med.  I couldn't really bring it up at the other table because my nephew by marriage parents were there and I didn't want to speak out of turn or frankly cause a sh*t-storm.  Suffice it to say I called my sister on my way home (we didn't drive together this time and she left before I did and missed the youngest's outbursts).

 

My middle sister was stumped and I had to remind her that we saw the littles more when my eldest sister (their grandma was living).  She died at the end of 2016 and visits with her children and grandchildren have lessened with each year.  Kids grow and develop so I can't say what kind of changes were seen in eldest GN to warrant this. I can only talk about the child I knew from birth through age 5 or 6.

 

To say it's concerning to me would be an understatement.


 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,611
Registered: ‎06-24-2011

Re: September 2022 Bird's Nest

@Bird mama 

 

We live in different times regarding spankings Bernie. My kids got their fair share and it didn't hurt them one bit. They may say differently, but all 3 turned out pretty darn well. I will admit by the time we had our youngest we didn't do a lot of spanking with him. Oh he got a few spanks, but not like the older 2. Yelling- that is useless energy. lol

 

Now with our GS we don't yell at him or spank. When he was younger I thought a few times he could have had a spank on his diaper, but we didn't. 

 

Now, all I have to do is look at him.. he calls it the "look". and he knows I don't like either what he said or did. Thank goodness I don't have to yell because my voice doesn't carry like it use to;, probably from all the yelling to the first two kids

 

I didn't get spanked a lot either as a kid, I did get the wet dish towel snapped at me a few times though from my mother. I probably had that coming. I only remember once that my Dad gave me a lickin for getting socking wet playing in the snow when he had told me not to get wet. I am sure he was worried I'd get cold and get sick. That's the only time he spanked me and then it was with wet slacks on... OUCH!! I do remember that. 

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,611
Registered: ‎06-24-2011

Re: September 2022 Bird's Nest

@mousiegirl 

 

I may be wrong, but isn't this a ring tailed squirrel? 


@mousiegirl wrote:

@Bird mama  and everyone, someone just posted a video of a ring-tailed Cat in the area, never knew they were around here.  Here is a pic I found by googling.

 

Ringtail - Wikipedia


 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,207
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: September 2022 Bird's Nest

mousiegirl,if you use frozen peaches it recommends 2 cups frozen peach slices.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,497
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: September 2022 Bird's Nest


@Leeny wrote:

@mousiegirl 

 

I may be wrong, but isn't this a ring tailed squirrel? 


@mousiegirl wrote:

@Bird mama  and everyone, someone just posted a video of a ring-tailed Cat in the area, never knew they were around here.  Here is a pic I found by googling.

 

Ringtail - Wikipedia


 


@Leeny   No, it is what I said RingTailed cat, you can google.  It is a relative of the raccoon.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,497
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: September 2022 Bird's Nest


@Epicurean wrote:

mousiegirl,if you use frozen peaches it recommends 2 cups frozen peach slices.


 

 

@Epicurean   Okay, thank you. Smiley Happy