Honored Contributor

Re: September 2022 Bird's Nest

@Leeny wrote:

@mousiegirl 

I am a December 31st baby Woman Happy

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Leeny wrote:

@mousiegirl 

I am a capricorn also. DH said he wanted me to take him and our DD to the clinic and chew out the doctor at the clinic. Sorry, no can do, even though I'd like to. Remember my DD is an employee of the Big Mama clinic. 

@Leeny   I am December 23, what is your day?

@Leeny   @possummink is December 27. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

Well, it's just like I thought it would be. DD didn't get any communication from her doctor's. This is beyond comprehension.

DH had his visit with his cardiologist and he actually got a very good report.. for a change. He doesn't have to go back for 6 months. He was pretty pleased with himself and so was I. Since he's lost some weight this past year ( 15lbs or so) it's improved things for him. Although I will say I've never seen him this thin since we met and married. That will 50 years soon.

ALSO: I couldn't sign in last evening on the Q as it wouldn't accept my password. They must have been having IT issues again...........

Honored Contributor

@Leeny   It's not all of the good news I hoped to read however I am happy to read that the cardiologist appointment for your beloved was a good one with good results.

What's happening with your daughter makes me say profane words.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here

hung out a huge load of clothes this morn good day for drying, sheets in and folded and put away,other clothes still drying

did morn walk

not much else,later all

Honored Contributor

I received an invitation for an open house at eldest niece's house to celebrate (belatedly) her youngest daughter's 7th birthday.  It was yesterday and I went.  Even though it was hot I was glad the weather held out and we were able to socialize outside on her decks (she has an upper and lower). 

It was basically niece's family, her in laws, my sister and myself.  I wondered why eldest great niece (11) looked sedated - learned later based on an off hand comment that she was put on ADHD medication.  We don't have the kind of relationship where I could ask more about it.

The birthday girl is unruly and obnoxious.  I saw that coming when she was 2 or 3 so I can't say I was surprised.  Again can't say anything although my Ma rose up in me at one point and I slid the deck chair back and said I'm about to stand up and if I stand up it's not going to be good for you.  That seemed to jolt the parents into action to correct the child. 

I went through lots when my eldest sister had her kids and when they started having kids I started and have maintained a steadfast rule - $100 in a card for birthday and Christmas for each kid.  The only shopping I do is for the greeting cards.  It's served me wll and saved me an inordinate amount grief for over a decade.

Since I am a direct person who is not prone to baby talk I don't have to raise my voice.  As I was getting ready to leave the birthday girl said the next time you come bring me more presents.  I looked her dead in the eye and said you'll get what I give you and like it.  That managed to stop her in her tracks while I said my goodbyes.

It was good to get home to my birds Heart

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I received an invitation for an open house at eldest niece's house to celebrate (belatedly) her youngest daughter's 7th birthday.  It was yesterday and I went.  Even though it was hot I was glad the weather held out and we were able to socialize outside on her decks (she has an upper and lower). 

It was basically niece's family, her in laws, my sister and myself.  I wondered why eldest great niece (11) looked sedated - learned later based on an off hand comment that she was put on ADHD medication.  We don't have the kind of relationship where I could ask more about it.

The birthday girl is unruly and obnoxious.  I saw that coming when she was 2 or 3 so I can't say I was surprised.  Again can't say anything although my Ma rose up in me at one point and I slid the deck chair back and said I'm about to stand up and if I stand up it's not going to be good for you.  That seemed to jolt the parents into action to correct the child. 

I went through lots when my eldest sister had her kids and when they started having kids I started and have maintained a steadfast rule - $100 in a card for birthday and Christmas for each kid.  The only shopping I do is for the greeting cards.  It's served me wll and saved me an inordinate amount grief for over a decade.

Since I am a direct person who is not prone to baby talk I don't have to raise my voice.  As I was getting ready to leave the birthday girl said the next time you come bring me more presents.  I looked her dead in the eye and said you'll get what I give you and like it.  That managed to stop her in her tracks while I said my goodbyes.

It was good to get home to my birds Heart

@Bird mama   LOL, BRAVO!!!

Honored Contributor

I tried to impart some etiquette over the years and was corrected by the parents for doing so @mousiegirl    I don't know how to describe it in a way that won't sound weird.  When I was a kid I considered my parents and siblings family, everything outside of that was a relative.  I will say that my grandmothers were high ranking relatives.

I don't twist myself into knots over what these people are doing because I'm a relative, I'm not family.  I don't know if this makes sense to others.  It makes absolute sense to me. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

I tried to impart some etiquette over the years and was corrected by the parents for doing so @mousiegirl    I don't know how to describe it in a way that won't sound weird.  When I was a kid I considered my parents and siblings family, everything outside of that was a relative.  I will say that my grandmothers were high ranking relatives.

I don't twist myself into knots over what these people are doing because I'm a relative, I'm not family.  I don't know if this makes sense to others.  It makes absolute sense to me. 

@Bird mama   You are right, everyone outside the immediate family are relatives.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

Oh Birdie, speaking of "family" and "relatives" it can really be a quandary. Now this is just my view point, but I'd say you are a pretty darn nice Auntie. I know kids today can be something else and then some. I don't come from a big family. I was an only child and my GS will be an only child also. So we kind of get each other..lol

My GS also has ADHD. He finally has been returned to his previous medication, although an increased dose.He doesn't get lethargic or sleepy, thank goodness. It will take a little while to set in though. The previous doctor changed it out for something else due to his blood pressure was a little high."supposedly" Now my DD finds out it wasn't high enough to warrant the change of medication. Another frustrating ordeal. Thankfully the "new" doctor realized he needed to be on the previous meds and boy do I agree. 

I was so afraid he was going to fall through the cracks. So now

I feel he won't, but the summer was hard for him. I wish he didn't have this disease, but he does and we've all adjusted, including him. He is such a smart little kid and Thank God!! the new doctor seen through the mistakes that were made previously, it just seemed to take a long time.The whole summer could have been a lot better for him that is for sure.

I have no close relatives, except for my kids and GS and DH of course. Other wise the rest are just names in an address book. I knew that would happen when my grandparents passed and especially when my mother died. Times have been a changing for me for a long time. 

Bernie, your "kids" are your birds. They don't talk back to you in English and you know when they really need something and when they don't. Children are another story. I raised 3 and sometimes I wonder how I did it?? Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

I am beat,but it was worth it. Told D. H. To get some peaches at the farmers market,also whole milk and heavy cream. Just got done making two batches of peach ice cream. Will give one to daughter,they get back from Hawaii tomorrow. It tastes just unbelievable! Only make this one once a year when the peaches are ready,will NOT use frozen.🍊🍦😋. If you all lived nearby I'd invite you all over to sit on the screened deck and have some.