Honored Contributor

Re: September 2017 Bird's Nest - Back to School Time

Awww, the pig needs a bigger tub.  This is why, when I was told Grayson could bathe in a pie plate I looked at him and a pie plate and sized up to an 11x15 baking dish.  I like by bird to be able to soak and meditate on the mysteries of life :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@possummink  It seems no matter where I am in the house My coughing is loud.  It is so difficult to even watch TV and to be constantly coughing.  I had a lot of gunk in my throat at night and with the sinus drainage it was impossible to sleep in a bed so I slept in a recliner chair in our bedroom.  I had several nights where I could not breath and it felt as if all the air was out of me.  It does sound like you had the same thing as Birdmama, DH and I.  Sure is a nasty one.  Great idea with the hard candy.  DH is still coughing....end of week 3.  My coughing seems to be ending. So far today I am good.  The Doxycyclone seems to be working even as far as the coughing.  The Conjunctivitis is still with me but seems to be less drainage as each day goes on by.   Thank goodness DH never caught the Conjunctivitis. 

How nice that your daughter has a new home.  I hope you have a nice day visiting her.  Thanks Possum for the well wishes.  Also thanks for the great pictures.

The weather yesterday was nice and cool.  Today it is raining but once again we need it.  Tomorrow is to be nice again. 

Have a great rest of the long weekend!

Waving hi to all the birders!!!

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

@possummink  It seems no matter where I am in the house My coughing is loud.  It is so difficult to even watch TV and to be constantly coughing.  I had a lot of gunk in my throat at night and with the sinus drainage it was impossible to sleep in a bed so I slept in a recliner chair in our bedroom.  I had several nights where I could not breath and it felt as if all the air was out of me.  It does sound like you had the same thing as Birdmama, DH and I.  Sure is a nasty one.  Great idea with the hard candy.  DH is still coughing....end of week 3.  My coughing seems to be ending. So far today I am good.  The Doxycyclone seems to be working even as far as the coughing.  The Conjunctivitis is still with me but seems to be less drainage as each day goes on by.   Thank goodness DH never caught the Conjunctivitis. 

How nice that your daughter has a new home.  I hope you have a nice day visiting her.  Thanks Possum for the well wishes.  Also thanks for the great pictures.

The weather yesterday was nice and cool.  Today it is raining but once again we need it.  Tomorrow is to be nice again. 

Have a great rest of the long weekend!

Waving hi to all the birders!!!

@luvsbulldogs  I am glad you are feeling a bit better.  DH and I had a coughing virus earlier in the year, kept me in bed for a week, horrible!  We were still coughing a month later, but finally, it stopped.

Weather over 106 Friday, yesterday 104, and today no direct sun, but still hot, but an improvement.

Respected Contributor

Luvs, hope you continue to feel better - sure makes all the difference in the world does it not??!!

I need to fill those feeders - I forget it until i am ready for bed - hopefully since my house is super quiet tonight - YEAH!!!!!! - maybe I will remember it tomorrow morning. Cannot get out there during the middle of the day and often not even at 6 in the evening. The humidity is so very bad. Those poor birds will probably you know what all over me when I finally get out there. Also will clean and fill their bird bath.

Have a great day tomorrow - Labor Day - time is moving fast isn't it?

Betty, hope you and Merle are doing better.

Honored Contributor

4th of july washington pictures desktop facebook fb fireworks with flags independence day

Honored Contributor

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

I set up a weber grill and have hot dogs and hamburgers going at the Back Fence.  Corn on the cob, macaroni salad, potato salad, slaw, pop, water and beer.  I forgot the flippin dessert, lol.

Yesterday my sister and I went to Outback for dinner.  She insisted on taking me out for my birthday.  I had potato soup and a salad.  She had french onion soup and a baked potato - so much for going to steakhouse, ha ha ha.  We started with the battered mushrooms - they tasted like cardboard to me so I didn't eat many.  We then putzed around at a Target and Christmas Tree Shoppe.  The fall decor available and the second store just gets me excited for the season in general.

Today I seriously pruned back the mulberry tree.  Didn't go for branches big enough to require the pole saw, but cut quite a bit back.  

Went to the gas station to fill the tank as I don't want to have to think about it on the way to work tomorrow.

I'm enjoying my long weekend :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sunflower Fence

Bernie,  Your menu for today sounds like a feast to me.   If I'd have gotten on here sooner,   I might be well on the way to your home for supper, and I'd have brought the dessert!!! Cat Very Happy

I just changed the  birds and the bees water,  honestly think it's more the bee's than the birds.  They were swarming all around me as I lifted the rocks and sponge out of there so I could scrub it and then refill it.  Even a few yellow jackets were there having a drink.  It's so warm today, in the 90ies after this past week of about 70ies and low 80ies.  Humidity is up too, and thunderstorms are in the forecast for us this evening into the night. 

I guess I also fed the mosquitoes too as my legs are itching and I'd been swatting as many as 3 at a time on my legs.   Can't wait till those things are gone for the season,  though I don't want it to freeze yet.  

Waving to all my Birding Friends,  Have an awesome rest of your Monday and stay cool and safe. Heart

Honored Contributor