Respected Contributor

Re: September 2017 Bird's Nest - Back to School Time

@Bird mama

I sure do know what you mean when you have to take down trees because of them be over crowded.  I do not think that people when planting them realize how large they will turn out to be.  The same with shrubs around the house.  Seems like we are constantly trimming them and we are the ones that planted them all.  I do not think that I have ever seen a silver maple tree.  Sounds pretty.  Good thinking on thinking about your dog with the troubles of the crab apple tree.  I am not a big fan of spraying or chemicals especially with pets and critters around the property.  Funny how our pets have favorites too!!!  Years back when I was working out in the gardens I would take the bulldog out to hang around with me if it wasn't too hot.  He would go straight towards this one tree and would get under it in the shade and take a nap.

I can imagine the mess the squirrels leave after eating. 

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

21751369_10214946853573708_6889410159976075780_n.jpg

@mousiegirl

This is so cute!  Love it!   Thanks for posting it.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl

I did not know that hummingbirds liked Salvia but I do know that they are attracted to red flowers.  They usually like trumpet type red flowers. 

You are so lucky to have them year round.  Enjoy them!

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

@mousiegirl

I did not know that hummingbirds liked Salvia but I do know that they are attracted to red flowers.  They usually like trumpet type red flowers. 

@luvsbulldogs  I have over fifty varities of Salvia, most with purple, lavender, and blue flowers, which hummers love, and yellow, orange, orange/red, they love all Salvia flowers as they are tubular.

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

21751369_10214946853573708_6889410159976075780_n.jpg

@mousiegirl

This is so cute!  Love it!   Thanks for posting it.

@luvsbulldogs  I found this pic in another thread, but thought it belonged here. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hello all - work was something else.  Good to see that everyone is hanging in there.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

@mousiegirl

@luvsbulldogs  I have over fifty varities of Salvia, most with purple, lavender, and blue flowers, which hummers love, and yellow, orange, orange/red, they love all Salvia flowers as they are tubular.

@mousiegirl

Wow....that is a lot of Salvia!  It must look so pretty!   Enjoy those hummers!

Honored Contributor

No automatic alt text available.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Hello all, I don't have too much to add today, nothing new going on besides the usual :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Good Wednesday morning everyone. I wish you all a good day. We are headed back to Houston today. It's been a lovely visit with my family in Dallas, but now it's back to work on the new Condo.

@Bird mama I hope you have something exciting to add today.Smiley LOL

Sending hugs to everyone @luvsbulldogs @mousiegirl @Winifred @possummink. Actually, I'm a bit worried about @possummink. I'm concerned about you as you have not posted for a couple of days which is not like you at all. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers in hopes all is o.k. and you are just taking a break. 

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh