Honored Contributor

September 2017 Bird's Nest - Back to School Time

Welcome Friends and Visitors to the Bird's Nest for September. 

Image result for back to school birds

Among the trees is a bird's nest,

and in the nest her three eggs rest,

and in each egg, Hush, you'll be heard!

There lies asleep A tiny bird.

Written by H.N. Bialik

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: September 2017 Bird's Nest - Back to School Time

@Bird mama

Thanks for starting the September thread!  How adorable it is!

Well, I was sick all last night and slept in the chair again for 3 hours.  When I got up my right eye was closed and when I forced it open it was bloodshot and all encased in green slime.  The other eye was green also but not as bad.  I waited awhile and then phoned my doctors office and they told me to come in  in about an hour. 

Turns out you were right on with what you had in April.  I have Bacterial Conjunctivitis in both eyes and a bronchial bacterial infection.  I cannot take the meds that you mentioned that you received but they did give me Doxycyclone (sp?) and eye drops for the eyes.  Stopped on the way home to pick up my meds and home we went.  DH had to drive me as I could not have driven there.   Took one dose of the Doxycyclone and so far I am ok....phew! 

DH phoned his sis today to wish her a happy birthday and she had the same thing a month ago and she lives in Fla.  She was told it was Bronchitis.  Did not think that you could catch Bronchitis but DH was told that was what he had and I caught it from him. 

We arrived home and I went around disenfecting everything and will do the same again after waiting 24 hours. 

I am off to get some rest.....I hope!  I feel as if I have been run over by a bus.

Take care.

Respected Contributor

Thanks Bernie and Hi Luvs!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama,

Bernie, adorable pic,

Image result for back to school  cute  bird pics

Trusted Contributor

How cute!   Thanks for a good September start.  

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs  On No!!!  I thought for sure, when you didn't mention your eyes that you had something different.  

I'm pretty healthy and sure I've had colds or the occasional bronhcitis back in the days when I smoked (I quit in 2004).  I can say with absolute certainty I have never had anything that compared to what hit me in April of this year.

Because I live with birds who have sensitive respiratory systems, even though I wasn't really coughing, until I would lay down to go to sleep - it's always worse at night and I don't know why - I was washing my hands like a fanatic. 

When whatever it was moved to my eyes, I did get scared a little.

I'm glad that you saw the doctor and that you have medication.  Whatever this is that is moving around the nation - it's rough.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Pinzellades al món: Calendari il·lustrat, de Nina Chen / Calendario ilustrado / Illustrated calendar 2012

Honored Contributor

getwellsoon image

Luvs,   I am sorry you are feeling so awful.    That Bacterial Conjunctivitis sounds awful and painful.   I sure hope that the Doxicycline does it's job for you and quickly.   It's an awesome antibiotic.   

It's scary as heck to wake up and see a totally blood shot eye.   Had that happen a few times, but not related to a bacterial infection.    Do warm washcloths placed on your eyes help at all or would that be a no no?   

Just get loads of rest and heal up.   Sending prayers and hugs for a speedy return to feeling good and being well. Heart

Honored Contributor

lapin qui mange un pissenlit animal drole Image, animated GIF

Thank you,  Bernie for giving us a new September nest.   Spent the day over at my daughter's new home.   Moving days never seem to go easily or like clockwork.   She's still moving things from the condo to her home.  I got home late last night and am not going over today unless they call needing some help.  My SUV can hold a lot of household goods, but I can't lift a whole lot, neither can my daughter, who's having a serious flare up of her Crohn's.   Stress and worry with the closing on the house, the moving and all that goes with it.  I'm glad she's off till Tuesday.  

They did spend the night at the new home with a very upset cat, BangBang and two rambunctious dogs.  BangBang is staying under my daughter's bed for the most part, but he did climb onto the bed when she was sleeping.   He sat on her hip and then slept for a while on the pillow next to her.  

Have an awesome day, it's cool, about 70 here and sunny.   We could use some rain.

Honored Contributor

the white garden