Honored Contributor

Re: Seniors - do you tend to stay home at night?

I go out at night.  Usually eat dinner about 7 pm - often out.  Go to plays, concerts in the evening.  I sometimes do my grocery shopping at night because the stores are much less crowded.  Movies I usually go to matinees during the week - less crowded.   

Honored Contributor

DH and I are 61 almost 62, we go out Friday and Saturday nights and sometimes during the week.

Weather it be dinner, or dinner and the movies we look for fun things to do.

I have no reason to stay in after dark, I am not afraid

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Partaay is my middle name....

Retired, age 66 & I still hit the clubs, plays, concerts, comedy clubs, etc.  What can I say, I love to djsmilie.gif

As for driving at night, if I am w/the S.O., he drives.  He's much younger than I am.  Strange because I last longer on the dance floor than he does! Smiley LOL

If I am w/the girlfriends we share the cost of a limo.  We have been using the same limo company for eons, so we get a discount.  The price comes out the same or cheaper than gas a cab or uber.

Way to go sister!

Honored Contributor

Not interested in getting mugged.............

I do grocery shop "in the dark" when the stores open at 5 a.m., tho............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I'm 61 and my husband is 73. We eat out most every day for lunch and after we're done doing our "stuff" for the day, we're home. We never go out at night. We just kind of got out of the habit of being out at night. It wasn't a conscious decision. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

ahh...I miss my "out and about" days.  Going out with co-workers at the end of the workday; heading out to the malls after dark; taking evening special interest classes.  I hate to drive after dark anymore, particularly in rural areas.  However while I have morphed into more of a home body, if I lived in a major, vibrant city I probably would be out running again.

Esteemed Contributor

Being a morning person I was never much for going out at night.  I go to bed with the chickens.  

Respected Contributor

Nope.  We are home bodies.  In our sixties and we do plenty of running around during the day.  At night, I just want to stay home and read or watch TV.  We do got out but not all that often and when we do I can't wait to get home.

Honored Contributor

I live down a lot of two lane roads (country roads).  Many of my friends and neighbors have hit deer or hit animals.  They are now working on a very dangerous road I live off of (wait til it snows).

My friend and I eat dinner out usually 4 days a week but we go relatively early (around 3-3:30 and sit and talk for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

I'm 70 and a widow and like freaky said here, most of my late night partying are long gone.  When my husband was alive and drove it was different.  Now I don't like to drive at night.  If I'm out I don't mind getting home in the dark, I just don't want to start in the dark.

Honored Contributor

We enjoy eating dinner out. We like to relax and talk and take our time. We like trying different places.