Respected Contributor

I wasn't sure where to post this.....but wanted to let people know.  I just got an email from Kohls telling me I should update my password.  I didn't go through the email....I closed out and went to their website and changed my password.

I've never gotten this kind of message from them before, and am wondering if they had some kind of security breach that made it necessary.

If anyone has an account with them...you may want to change your password, just in case.  Hopefully it's nothing...but you never know.

Honored Contributor

Re: Security Breach at Kohls?

@alicedee

I got this as well. Cat Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@alicedee

I got this as well. Cat Frustrated

Yikes.....it's a crazy world we live in...you have to be on top of everything all the time.  

Honored Contributor

have not gotten anything from kohl's as of yet

Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I wasn't sure where to post this.....but wanted to let people know.  I just got an email from Kohls telling me I should update my password.  I didn't go through the email....I closed out and went to their website and changed my password.

I've never gotten this kind of message from them before, and am wondering if they had some kind of security breach that made it necessary.

If anyone has an account with them...you may want to change your password, just in case.  Hopefully it's nothing...but you never know.

@alicedee  I got the same email.  I think you're supposed to change passwords every so often, anyway, and they are just reminding customers to be cautious.

Esteemed Contributor

Me too!  I just changed it.

Respected Contributor

@smoky22.  Yes, I thought of that....it just struck me as odd because in all the years I've been with Kohls they've never sent me that kind of email before.  

Hopefully you are correct and that was all it is...a friendly reminder!

Honored Contributor

It is so difficult to protect ourselves from thieves these days.It used to be that someone would rob you for wallet or jewelry but that was the good old days....now you don't even know that you are robbed until you have a big mess to clear up.

Trusted Contributor

They made me change my sign-in info. a couple of weeks ago before I placed an order.  

Honored Contributor

I did not receive the email but I changed my password. Thx for the info. Have not bought anything from Kohl's in a while.