Trusted Contributor

Re: Security Breach at Kohls?

@Just Bling wrote:

Please DO NOT post this for everyone to read unless you call Corporate and ask if this is true.

I just called Kohl's Corporate and that e-mail is NOT from Kohls, it is indeed "SPAM"

@Just Bling  That what my thoughts were as well.............

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling wrote:

Please DO NOT post this for everyone to read unless you call Corporate and ask if this is true.

I just called Kohl's Corporate and that e-mail is NOT from Kohls, it is indeed "SPAM"

The email I received was  from Kohl's.   Furthermore, there was NO clickable link in the email for the password reset.   It stated  "Simply visit Kohl's website and click the 'Update password' link at the bottom of any page."    So, I did.  

Respected Contributor

@SarahW wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

The email I received was  from Kohl's.   Furthermore, there was NO clickable link in the email for the password reset.   It stated  "Simply visit Kohl's website and click the 'Update password' link at the bottom of any page."    So, I did.  

Kohl's Corporate Office said they DID NOT send out any e-mails regarding any resetting of passwords.  

So now you are going to have someone from this forum who gets an e-mail from "Kohls" and says to him or her self, oh I read this on the Q forum and I should do this and it might just be one of those e-mails which does have a clickable link.    They'll be one, there always is.

Honored Contributor

I received an e-mail from them to change my password also. Thanks for posting about this because I was wondering about it.

Trusted Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@SarahW wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

Kohl's Corporate Office said they DID NOT send out any e-mails regarding any resetting of passwords.  

So now you are going to have someone from this forum who gets an e-mail from "Kohls" and says to him or her self, oh I read this on the Q forum and I should do this and it might just be one of those e-mails which does have a clickable link.    They'll be one, there always is.

The sky is falling!!

Each of us is responsible for our own cyber safety and should not depend on "what I read on the QVC bulletin board" to make online security decisions.   As was stated, go directly to the Kohl's website and click on Update Password.  

Honored Contributor

did not receive any email from kohls. neither did my mother, who also has a kohls account. if i DO receive emails from retailers, i never click on links in the email. i woulc go right to the website and see what is going on.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

As much as I hate to shop, with all these security breaches I'm thinking I may go back to brick & mortar with cash in my hand. 

Esteemed Contributor

I got an email this morning saying my account was "locked out" because of multiple tries into my account.

And, asking me to reset password.

I will go directly to Kohl's and do this, not link from the email.

It's always something.  I haven't even dealt with the Equifax issue and on and on it goes.

Honored Contributor

Kohls is a pretty popular store and you'd think if they had a breach it would be reported on the news. I've looked and heard nothing. I think these emails are a scam. I'm getting them too and I don't even have a credit card or an account with them. SCAM.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

There is no one who is immune from the possibility of being breached.  If you collect Social Security or a pension, your info resides on a database.  If you pay taxes, your info is in the IRS database.  Ever gotten an IRS Notice infoming you that you made a mistake and owe more tax?  That's bc your W-2s and 1099s are all forwarded to the IRS.