Honored Contributor

Saturday National Take Back Day Drug Day ( with a question)

[ Edited ]

I have a walmart bag full of bottles of meds , expired or not taking now,  to take back, tomorrow.

Is this ok to take an entire bag like this ? 

I havent ever done this until this year. 

EzhEvSVX0AEslXX.jpg

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

Re: National Take Back Day Drug Day ( with a question)

Thanks for posting! I have meds to dispose of, too. 

No limit on what meds you can dispose of.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for caring enough to do so!The program is specifically designed for the safe disposal of prescription drugs. This helps keep them from falling into the wrong hands, and potentially polluting the sewer system; since most medications still have active ingredients that extend beyond their expiration date.😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

I have a walmart bag full of bottles of meds  to take back, tomorrow. Is this ok? I havent ever done this until this year. 

EzhEvSVX0AEslXX.jpg

Make sure you remove the labels  with your information before turning them in.

Honored Contributor

I have removed the labels that I could and the rest I used a big heavy duty black marker to mark out name and pres number Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

I'm dropping mine off at Wegman's tomorrow. I have some things that expired and need to get rid of. The local police have a drop off in the building, but can't get in there at this time. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Saturday National Take Back Day Drug Day ( with a question)

Thank everyone for doing this.  Otherwise they go down the drain or into landfill.

Might check around during the year for bins at your pharmacy too.

Honored Contributor

I am cleaning out the home of a friend who is in long term care.

I dumped out all of her meds into a zip lock bag to take to be disposed of.  I destroyed the containers they came in.  I doubt the pharmacy wants the bottles returned.

You can take RX drugs back of anythime, not just on a certain day.

Esteemed Contributor

Most pharmacists will provide postage-paid envelopes which are filled with older or no longer used medications and mailed in to be properly destroyed. I do this whenever necessary rather than waiting for a specific day (i.e. "National Take Back Drug Day"). When I'm done with a med, I don't want it around the house at all - and I like knowing it's going to be legally disposed of!   

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

You can take unused medications to any pharmacy, anytime and they will dispose of them.  My sister passed away in January and I took hers to CVS.  I poured everything into a big plastic bag.  I used a black marker on the bottle labels and disposed of those myself.