Honored Contributor

Have you tried Sargento's cheese, nut and fruit snacks yet?  My favorite is the Gouda cheese, dried cranberries and honey roasted peanuts.  Second place goes to Sharp cheddar, cashews & dried cranberries.  Walmart has the best price on them in my area.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Sargento Balanced Breaks

@Katcat1 wrote:

Have you tried Sargento's cheese, nut and fruit snacks yet?  My favorite is the Gouda cheese, dried cranberries and honey roasted peanuts.  Second place goes to Sharp cheddar, cashews & dried cranberries.  Walmart has the best price on them in my area.   Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1 - We love these! I get all 6 varieties and it's hard to choose a favorite. DH has one every day as a snack. I get them at our local supermarket. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I hadn't heard of these.  They sound really good.  Thanks for the head's up. 

Esteemed Contributor

That sounds yummy.  I hadn't even heard of it, will have to check it out.

Honored Contributor

It's appealing but I'd rather make my own for less $$$.  

Honored Contributor

No thanks! I'll stick with sharp cheddar and fresh chunk of motz, and of course  swiss.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I have not, but my local grocery stores offer packages like this at the deli counter and I enjoy them very much.

Honored Contributor

@tansyi agree you can purchase any of the items and make your own for so much less and use locknlock to save packaging too.I guess people like the portion control and cute packaging.

Trusted Contributor

I really like these too! I haven't found the gouda in my area though. I will have to hunt for it-sounds good. I like the cheddar with cashews and dried cranberries and the one with the golden raisins is good too.

Honored Contributor

I suspect that other than $$, portion control is an important part of the sale and packaging.

These snacks are excellent for diabetics. An ever-increasing number of American adults are becoming diabetic. Some companies are starting to produce and sell items to that market, and to those who want to avoid that pre-diabetic state.

Portion size does matter, so companies try hard to fall within the magic 13-16 per serving carbohydrate range. A diabetic can grab a pack and know exactly how many carbs are in it.

If you make your own at home and make it a larger portion, that's great if you're not counting carbs & don't need to monitor and care. But I think the products are marketed to those who want healthy portion control. Many diabetics DO make their own - but there won't be any more in quantity, because that would defeat the purpose.

Those who don't have to "watch" anything can easily make their own, with twice the carbs, for less $$.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all