Super Contributor

Perhaps this should be in Electronics, but, Oh Well!!!!  My phone charged for an hour last week, and that usually gets it full, but when I checked it, the % was going down instead of up. We tried a new battery, and bought a new charger. No help. Dead phone. Any ideas?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Troubles

Your phone may need a new battery. You can find one at a Anker online.

How to replace a battery in a Samsung S4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asVmUzsdJD8

Respected Contributor

I think she said she already tried a new battery.

How old is the phone? I ask as I have the Galaxy 7..do you have insurance on it?

Esteemed Contributor

She said she tried a new battery.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@nanny24 wrote:

Perhaps this should be in Electronics, but, Oh Well!!!!  My phone charged for an hour last week, and that usually gets it full, but when I checked it, the % was going down instead of up. We tried a new battery, and bought a new charger. No help. Dead phone. Any ideas?

I still have my Galaxy S4.  S5 was a mess and the 6 and above have non removal batteries.  I don't like that.

Where did you buy the new battery?  Was it the right OEM battery?  Double check it and return the "new battery" where you got it and order a new one from Amazon.

I did replace the battery for my S4 when I noticed charging troubles.  If trying the aforementioned doesn't help, then I think for your phone is "done."  I'm lucky mines is still working.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@nanny24 wrote:

My wife has had the SII and currently has an S5. The weakest part of the link is the cord between the phone and the charger. My wife ordered several better cords from Amazon. Fixed the problem each time.

Not saying it will solve your issue, but it fixed hers on both Galaxy S phones.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@nanny24 wrote:

My wife has had the SII and currently has an S5. The weakest part of the link is the cord between the phone and the charger. My wife ordered several better cords from Amazon. Fixed the problem each time.

Not saying it will solve your issue, but it fixed hers on both Galaxy S phones.

hckynut(john)

Thanks for the tip!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut

brought up a good suggestion.

sometimes the cords do go bad pretty quickly and stop charging or only charge if they are in a certain position. i have a NOTE 4 that is almost 2 years old, but no battery problems.

the OP didnt mention the age of the phone and that could be a factor also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@hckynut

brought up a good suggestion.

sometimes the cords do go bad pretty quickly and stop charging or only charge if they are in a certain position. i have a NOTE 4 that is almost 2 years old, but no battery problems.

the OP didnt mention the age of the phone and that could be a factor also.

An S4 is about 3-4 years old.  Figure Samsung drops a new model every March.  I still have the S4.  So since then there have been three newer models, S5, S6, and the S7 (most recently).

*Call Tyrone*