Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I shopped for years at the old Price Club and loved it.  It turned into Costco and developed some of their own brands and I loved it.  We moved across country and there's a Sam's Club and yes, I joined and love it and they carry many of the same brands that Costco did.

I buy (and stock up) on my Keurig coffee there.  They have the best meat in town.  Fresh Strawberries are usually the best.  I also love their lunch meat because it is fresh, big turn over in everything they sell.  DH and I have the regular account and recently we gave DH's card to our oldest son.  SC just put him on the record and took a new pic of him.  He loves that place too.

It's just DH and I now so I don't have to load up on gunga sizes but they have so much more and I always have non-perishables stored that I rotate through (especially in the winter) because sometimes you get stuck out here with the snow and can't get to town, so it works out well.  Woman LOL  

@Q4u,Plus they have some awesome appliances and kitchen items for yourself and gifts!

Respected Contributor

Went in to Sam's Club and checked out in the Electronics Dept as others said lines were too long. The cashier said I could pay anywhere that has a register including the Jewelry Dept. One needs moxie to pull it off though as you move ahead of everyone else to the exit door. I've never purchased electronics or jewelry and it's a good way to beat the crowds. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like having a basic membership. When children were at home, we lived close to Sams, which came in handy with groceries and paper products. When we became empty nesters, we didn't think we needed to keep up membership. I missed it, though. Costco is close by now and we have the basic membership. Glad we do. We purchase routine things once a month and check out bargains and seasonal items. Last week my daughter stopped in and said she was having a BBQ in her backyard - had to stop at Walmart and buy paper products. I was able to pull all the items she needed from my (Costco) storage pantry. Shopping at Sams or Costcos is a balancing act. I don't buy everything there, but I do spend money to save money.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

sam's club. weekly for the gas and about 2-3 weeks for other stuff. we bought more when the kids were home, but just the two of us, it's mainly gas. we have their credit card too, we get $ back for using.

i liked costco(i had one day pass) we just don't need two and costco was in a congested mall and i didn't care for the traffic, to get gas.

Esteemed Contributor

@truffle wrote:

Went in to Sam's Club and checked out in the Electronics Dept as others said lines were too long. The cashier said I could pay anywhere that has a register including the Jewelry Dept. One needs moxie to pull it off though as you move ahead of everyone else to the exit door. I've never purchased electronics or jewelry and it's a good way to beat the crowds. 

Have you tried the Sam's Club Scan and Go app?  You scan the items with your phone as you put them in your cart, then when you are ready to check out, you complete the transaction right there on your phone, you never need to get in line to check out at a register, you just show your phone screen to the person checking carts when you leave.  It's a real time saver.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

I shopped for years at the old Price Club and loved it.  It turned into Costco and developed some of their own brands and I loved it.  We moved across country and there's a Sam's Club and yes, I joined and love it and they carry many of the same brands that Costco did.

I buy (and stock up) on my Keurig coffee there.  They have the best meat in town.  Fresh Strawberries are usually the best.  I also love their lunch meat because it is fresh, big turn over in everything they sell.  DH and I have the regular account and recently we gave DH's card to our oldest son.  SC just put him on the record and took a new pic of him.  He loves that place too.

It's just DH and I now so I don't have to load up on gunga sizes but they have so much more and I always have non-perishables stored that I rotate through (especially in the winter) because sometimes you get stuck out here with the snow and can't get to town, so it works out well.  Woman LOL  

@Q4u,Plus they have some awesome appliances and kitchen items for yourself and gifts!

Yes!  And jewelry and watches, as well as office supplies (I sell on eBay), and even furniture (inside and out).  Love it! 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

i have been a member since 1990. I like Sam's club. 

They have a lot of unique items. Some that costco do not even sell.

My husband belongs to costco. So we are members in both clubs. We use costco for some items and Sam's for other items. 

Honored Contributor

That is what I heard is COSCO is much better but then I don't shop at Sam's or Cosco.  It seems to be more for large families.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Visited Sam's w/ the one day membership. Got some baked goods but overall were not impressed. Think we will stay w/Costco but downgrade our member ship. Thank you for all your help.