Honored Contributor

Re: Sad News and Having Difficulty Navigating Through It

Zhillis, you were married 10 years and had children with your ex-husband.  That is a lot of glue that keeps your souls stuck together.  How can we not be sad, I ask rhetorically. 

I am sorry for your loss.  You knew your former husband from a very young age.  Such a lovely thing it had to have been to love someone from the time that your romantic feelings first started to open up.

I wish you peace. 

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for you loss.  It does not seem that you have anything to feel guilty about.  The fact that you became friends after your divorce speaks volumes about you and your character.  You went through a lot of experiences with him, good and bad.  I think that gives you a unique connection to him.

I have an ex boyfriend that I would love to see again.  If he passes suddenly, I think I would feel very sad.  I had not had any contact with him in years.  We reconnected via facebook 4 years ago.  We  had some conversations, then he just stopped responding and I don't know why. We never rally get over our first loves, do we?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

So very sorry.  Please take some time to yourself.

Super Contributor

@golding76  I am sorry for the recent loss of your first husband. My heartfelt condolences. You have expressed your feelings in such a beautiful way, so touching. I believe in time any confusion or regret will fade away and what will remain will be gratefulness for the loving friendship you two were able to establish. A lifelong friendship to be treasured. Take care.

Honored Contributor

It's the pain of losing someone.  There's memories attached.  It's so much a part of life.

Wishing you the best and allow yourself to mourn however long and however you will.