Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sad Email -- guess it's the "sign of the times OR moods"☹️🎄

@proudlyfromNJ   Restaurants are open, but we are not eating inside. Just this morning a local restaurant had an employee test positive for COVID19. The owner immediately closed and had all employees tested and reported it. 
  In VA the article said that it's not mandatory for them to close if someone is infected, and they don't even have to report it. 
  There is one restaurant in northern VA that is using UV lights and Hepa filtering to prevent the contamination like in the restaurant in China, where it was spread through the air. 
  Until there's a better treatment or vaccine I won't eat inside. 

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers  In that case I don't blame you. We always eat outside. We have lots of places on the water so there is usually a cool breeze. If it's too hot of course we don't go. I don't like the heat. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 Many restaurants have an  outside terrace where you enter masked, and are seated.  All of the restaurant staff is masked as well.  

The salt and pepper come in packets.  The balsamic vinaigrette isn't a choice now because of touching the little bottles.

I have met several friends separately for lunch and we were fine.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   That is a wonderful story.  I remember my cousin saying she does not want to live with seniors.   I totally disagree.  It is nice to be with people around your own age.  I live in a senior apt. complex and you make acquaintences and people look out for each other and help each other.  I hope one day you all will play cards together again.  

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

It is a sad and different world right now.  My family has had birthday parties and cookouts but I choose not to attend.  At this point, I'm also not planning to go to our family Thanksgiving or Christmas gathering. 

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

It is sad and to some extent, we are all going through this.  I haven't seen several of my friends since  March but we do phone, email, text, Facebook.  I haven't seen my sisters since March either.  My daughters pop in for a short visit, from time to time.    I have been thinking about the holidays a lot.  How it will be smaller but I'm going to make them as fun and joyous as I can.  

Honored Contributor

It is a inconvenience.....life if full of inconveniences. How you deal with them is what matters. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry you're feeling sad.  My suggestion?  Meet with your closest friends if you are able!!!  Seriously!  If you are all healthy, show no symptoms, have been isolating for so long - get out of the house.  Wear your masks!  Go sit in a park, have them over with plenty of social distancing around the room. There are ways to do this.

I have been to see a very close friend of mine, I have been to visit my 86 year old mother.  We're all adults and know how to take precautions and we are safe.  

And if you still don't feel safe, set up a ZOOM meeting and have a virtual get together.

Honored Contributor

For those who have offered suggestions -- thank you!!!

I'm not "sad" in the sense of having "sadness" OR to get out and do stuff - which I do everyday...today I spent a beautiful day on the beach, then went to my fav restaurant for a quick lunch.

Of course our lives are different in many aspects ... everyone is learning the "new way of life" for sure!