Honored Contributor

Re: SWINGING INTO SPRING 🐰🐝🌻🌷

@mousiegirl I remember pumping water on my grandparent's farm.  This image brought back that memory.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Puddles @viva923 @lulutoby @hullie @mousiegirl 

11FD3E9A-2525-4253-8CC5-C2389B40B1B2.jpeg

@LTT1   So precious! 

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

May be a cartoon

@Puddles We will always be here for you on your difficult days.

"Today was a Difficult Day," said Pooh.
There was a pause.
"Do you want to talk about it?" asked Piglet.
"No," said Pooh after a bit. "No, I don't think I do."
"That's okay," said Piglet, and he came and sat beside his friend.
"What are you doing?" asked Pooh.
"Nothing, really," said Piglet. "Only, I know what Difficult Days are like. I quite often don't feel like talking about it on my Difficult Days either.
"But goodness," continued Piglet, "Difficult Days are so much easier when you know you've got someone there for you. And I'll always be here for you, Pooh."
And as Pooh sat there, working through in his head his Difficult Day, while the solid, reliable Piglet sat next to him quietly, swinging his little legs...he thought that his best friend had never been more right."
A.A. Milne

@Sassy7356    

It is with a full heart that I thank you for this, one of my favorite Pooh Quotes. 

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The weather here has finally cooled down, low-mid 60's and will continue for most of this week, to what Spring weather should be and used to be eons ago, but it will soon rise to the 80's again.

DH and I got a lot of heavy duty garden work done yesterday as he had no office work, hurrying to get it done before the heat arrives.  I wanted three roses dug up and moved to large pots to another area, my gardens are color themed, and realized one rose was not doing well and was the wrong color for that area, the other two small in various shades of pink and quartered, wonderful

We repotted and dragged some roses to other areas, one of the advantages of using pots, they are large black garden pots of various sizes.

Today, DH will dig up another rose, and move it to the red garden, a lilac which is in the ground also, moved to a large pot, and then plant a Ceanothus, California lilac, totally unlike a Lilac, but with many small lilac shaped flowers in blue, as it will, in time, cover this entire sloped area.  Until I realized that gophers like daylilies, I had planned to cover that area with them, would have been beautiful, but it isn't really feasible to plant daylilies in wire baskets as everything else in the ground requires, so that was the end of that dream.

We are moving yellow potted roses to the area with orange flowered roses and daylilies, etc., and moving coral in their place as there are many coral, apricot colored roses already in that area.  Too bad DH will be working this week as the weather will be cool and will be the last of it.

Something ate all of the strawberries, so am going to have to come up with a solution, so aggravating.  I bought some organic deterrent to spray on the ground and pots, so must try it soon.  Today, we will be covering the boysenberry plants with netting as I don't want to lose the berries.  My blueberries are coming along nicely, loads of berries this year.  They are a dwarf type for lack of a better description, only grow about three feet or so and do well in large pots.

I will be potting my shipment of mini roses, pelargoniums, and phlox, the latter two to arrive this week, the roses arrived yesterday.  I don't know where this rose company has been all of my life as I have never come across it in all of my years of buying roses online.  The mini roses are beautiful plants and well packed, and all of their roses are on their own roots which is important to me though I do have some grafted.   I will be feeding all roses any day now while it is cool.

The other day, I discovered that a potted rose of over ten years has survived.  It was buried in other plants so decided it died long ago, but I saw the leaves, and will drag that out and repot it, sort of a silver blue color.

We need to finish potting lilacs, ten to go, surprised me that I had so many because scattered around as they were in small pots, it didn't look to be so many. will keep plugging along until done. 

The dogs are due for their nail clippings this week, so that eats up two days, and this time, I am cutting their hair so will take longer.

My hydrangeas are large, full, and full of blooms this year.  Last Fall, we transferred them to large pots, and I pruned the leggy ones.  I fed them a few weeks ago, may be due for another feeding soon, and that will be it for them until next year.

DD sent a picture of her three kids, two dogs and a cat, all sleeping together after wreaking havoc in her apartment, lol, just like human kids.

I hope everyone enjoys today. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Loss of your Friend | Greeting Cards by Loving Words

@possummink  I was so sorry to read of the passing of your dear friend, Cherie. She will always be with you in your memories.

Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

This is for our beautiful Texas rose @Puddles 

Yellow Rose Good Morning Gif

@AnikaBrodie   I love you .....

for always remembering me with such beautiful yellow roses. My brother planted a patch of them for me here in his garden and they are looking just like the one you posted.

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

May be an image of cat

@possummink    What a beauty, just like my Snow White.

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

May be an image of cat and text that says 'Good Morning Happy Saturday God Bless'

@lulutoby    Precious! 

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

May be an illustration of text that says '心 ç A hug," said Pooh. "is always the right size!"'

@Sassy7356    

Trusted Contributor

@Puddles 

Happy to see your posts this morning! It is a cloudy rainy day in mid Nebraska today. Unlike Mousiegirl's warmer spring ours has been unseasonably cold. Yesterday was warmer so I made up a plate of homemade brownies and took out my bright yellow 1998 SLK Mercedes convertible and headed to my sisters house. The car was a present from my exhusband when we lived in St.Louis and I have babied it for its whole life. Sis has a small town park with a lake right behind her house which is wonderful for great nephew Matthew. He was excited for the brownies and wanted me to walk to the park to look for turtles, ducks and fish swimming close to shore so we did and saw all. Great day, then I headed home for supper and to watch first game of Stanley Cup playoffs. 

@mousiegirl

I wish I could be there to see your color gardens as the season progresses. You really do put a lot of labor into your plantings. It is just about time to start my nursery shopping. I have never had much luck with online plant shopping but then I really don't have a green thumb. I do need to shop for some fertilizer for my front island bed of strawberry vanilla hydrangeas. I have a mass planting of them and I want a huge pink display of them this summer into fall. 

I hosted game night Friday and had a wonderful time. Had some luck at pitch card playing and was the sole winner of Mexican train dominoes. Had fresh veggies and dip, chips and Amana summer sausage with some yummy imported cheese. Was happy to find the summer sausage as I grew up next to the Amana Colonies in Iowa. They had such a delicious family style restaurant that I can remember. As the evening wore on sitting at my table by the back window we could see the occasional boat go by with their lights on.... I think they like to go out after dark and cruise slowly by everyone's home to be looky loos in our windows.