Honored Contributor

Re: SWINGING INTO SPRING 🐰🐝🌻🌷

May be art

Honored Contributor

Re: SWINGING INbrownTO SPRING 🐰🐝🌻🌷

May be an image of body of water

The forecast for most of our weekend.   Not complaining,  I love rainy days, just not storms.  

Went to the feed store today and got more birdfood.  Those winged critters keep me hopping and are eating up a storm.   Have a robin, I call Raisin Robin who comes hopping toward me when I go to the feed barrels wanting me to toss raisins it's way.   Same with a catbird, Kitty Catbird, who likes peanuts and raisins as well as suet pellets.  Then there are the brown thrashers, who are becoming tamer.  They get peanuts and hammer them with their bills.   They should be called Rusty thrashers due to their beautiful rust colored feathers.  Beautiful birds. 

This morning Piggy Groundhog was sitting on it's "front porch'' under the yew bush right by the house, but near the well.  He/She apparently lives under an old redwood framing that my brother built around an old bathtub that I used to put my fish into for their summer outside.  Possums use that old frame for home to at times.   

After the feed store,  I stopped to get Belle washed and fill her up plus the little tractor gas can I have.   I was tired of driving a 'dhartreuse' car instead of it's gold color,  pollen.   I'd put off getting a carwash due to forecast rains, hoping the rain would wash the pollen off, but we didn't get enough rain and today the car was just covered in pollen   I guess it's the black walnuts and pecans still tossing off that stuff.    Anyway, my car is now clean and has a full tank.    Gas sure has jumped in price.  

I bought some jalapeno and habanero pepper plants today along with some tomato plants   I need to get them into the ground and hope Piggy Groundhog doesn't chow down on them    I hope to plant some patty pan squash, my almost favorite veggie too.   Hard to find that squash anywhere.   Never see it in stores but they always have another favorite, yellow crookneck squash and also zucchini.   I like zucchini but not as much as the other two.  Love to cook them with onions and maybe tomatoes, then add butter,  and pepper.    

I am tired so will sign off and plop on the sofa a bit, maybe get my shower in first, then plop.   Have a peaceful and restful night and an awesome weekend. 🌞🙂🦉😴🥱🦉💖🌛⭐

Honored Contributor

May be an illustration

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text

Trusted Contributor

@possummink 

My vote is that you should spoil yourself and get both your new stove and a fabulous comfy sofa because life is too short, enjoy the heck out of life now. I have been thrifty my whole life, now I want to try and enjoy going a little crazy but it is against my nature, I am working on it though. 

Those lilac variety of shrubs that you and @mousiegirl  have been talking about have gotten me craving a fragrant bouquet. I will have to look for one of those wall scent things you were talking about, can you remember where you got it? I loved that fringe tree too, so fresh and beautiful looking. 

@Puddles 

A huge welcome to Birdie, such a beauty and it is amazing that he is settling in so quickly to his new home. Take care of yourself and have fun with your house plans! 🏡 

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby

Thank you for your reply!
I’m doing great! It seems things might be getting closer to normal!
The grands are adorable and fun.
Lexi, who is 7, is in the first grade. I stayed with both of the kids last Wednesday and helped Lexi with school work. She has been doing Cheer and soccer.
Lucas will be 6 soon and what a character!
He will go back to preschool in June!
How about you?
I hope you are doing wel health wise and otherwise!❤️
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356

Love the shenanigans!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

Upper left is a beautiful Lady Slipper, MN state flower. 

Have you ever seen one growing in the wild @Sassy7356 ?

@lulutoby   Gorgeous collage!  Aren't the Lady Slipper's beautiful.  Unfortunately, I have never seen one growing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night there was a group of 7 of us that went out to eat.  That was fun.  

Today, all that is planned so far is that it is nails day.

Hope you all enjoy your day!

Honored Contributor

hey all

broken record here today

not much

clothes in washer doing its thingy

sunny going to hang out today

ok guys later