Super Contributor

I was browsing all the sites that send me emails every morning. Lots of sales everwhere. Went to WALMART and typed in peddle pushers and you'll never guess the BRAND names they have available and a fraction of the cost here.

Happy 4th of July

Honored Contributor

@Auntie CC,

Thanks for the post!

Trusted Contributor

I checked out the site. Yeah, it's pretty surprising to see those brands but if you look closely, these are all very limited in size and colors and they are all sold by and shipped from 3rd parties, not by Walmart. They are probably closeouts and "as is", so the quality may not be the greatest. Everyone loves a true bargain, but remember that you get what you pay for. 

Honored Contributor

@Auntie CC    Those older and limited offerings can be a good deal for some buyers,, but do know that remainders from all kinds of sources are available many places and have been for a very long time.

When I was setting up a brand new home at least 20+ years ago, I bought pans I'd seen on HSN for a fraction of the cost I'd seen.   I was at a local auction house where truckers showed up with loads of all sorts of items they'd bought cheap somewhere and just wanted to cover their costs plus a small profit.   Someone who wanted a total set of matching pots and pans would have been out of luck -  I  wanted exactly the 2 smaller fry pans I bought!

Honored Contributor

pallets of returns/ unsold is a huge business

opportunities for buyers/sellers

Honored Contributor

Walmart has July 4th Rollbacks and I got me a new wet/dry vac for $39, marked down from $90!

I wasn't shopping for a wet/dry vac, and I do need one, but when I saw that price I jumped on it. Now I can clean my filthy garage!

HART 10 Gallon 6 Peak HP Poly Wet/Dry Vacuum, VOC1012PF 3701 

$39! 

HART 10 Gallon 6 Peak HP Poly Wet/Dry Vacuum, VOC1012PF 3701
Honored Contributor

2 full pages of QVC brands.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

It doesn't me at all.  They bought merchandise that other retailers could sell and was clogging up their wharehouses.  Those retailers sold it for pennies on the dollar because they wanted to get rid of it.  Walmart is selling it at steeply discounted prices.  It's a win-win for everyone.  

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

pallets of returns/ unsold is a huge business

opportunities for buyers/sellers

@jackthebear 

If you love to shop for bargains and like a treasure hunt Dirt Cheap is the place to go.  You never know what you will find. Unfortunately I don't have a store near me.  It's in store shopping so no surprises.  There are web sites available to browse.  Fun place.