Honored Contributor

Image may contain: ocean, sky, text, outdoor, water and nature

Honored Contributor

Re: SUMMER BY THE SEA

[ Edited ]

@possummink wrote:

@possummink   Adorable!  This could have been me, always had a cat on me. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: SUMMER BY THE SEA

[ Edited ]

@possummink wrote:

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

It wasn't "just" trees.
These were houses...... 😞😪

@possummink 

I took one look at the terrified

faces of those precious creatures

and my heart ached for them.

Praying that they were all taken to

a safe,reputable,well run animal

sanctuary and not left there to die.

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

House Mouse Stamps

Honored Contributor

Had some frest corn on the cob for supper with seasoned butter.   Was so good and so easy when fixed in the microwave.   I use fresh ground black pepper, sea salt with rosemary, and Italian herbs and sprinkle it on the buttered corn.   Love it!!   

The corn crop in this area is huge this year for the farmers who were/are on higher ground, not close to either of the two rivers.   We pass fields of it when going to our brother's home over in Illinois and on the way to our nephew's home yesterday.   Acres upon acres of it along with soy beans.  Great season this year for many farmers in this area. 

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

@possummink , With loving memories of your AceHeart always by your side.

@lulutoby 

Cindy,   That was where he would be when he was still with me.Heart   He was mine from the minute we met when Charlie and I drove down to Georgia to get him.   He was totally awesome, the most gentle dog I've ever had and from childhood on,  we've had dozens upon dozens of dogs.  Some times while still on the farm we'd have  between 3 and 6 or more dogs. Many breeds, but no Dobermans till Charlie and I got married.   He's always wanted one, so that's when we got our first one,  Alfie, aka call name, Murphy.   He was a magnificent specimen and I showed him. 

He had a 'sharp' temperament toward other male dogs in the show ring, though and got so big I had to let one of our guy friends show him.   He was totally gentle though with our family.  Then we got Stormy, another sweetheart.  My mom got my uncle's Doberman, Major, a very aggressive dog.  He hated Murphy, both males, in tact.  After Major she got Ranger, a very sweet dog that had been injured.  Cut Achilles tendon, I guess that's what they're called in dogs.   He limped but was so gentle and lovable.

Can't show a neutered dog in Confirmation shows, only in Obedience.  

I'm glad I got out of that venue, confirmation, too much going on  in the show dog business.  A good learning experience.  Obedience is more fun and less confrontational. Cat Very Happy 

I was surprised to read you are thinking of moving to a condo.   I know you love gardening but understand all the work and time it takes.  I've had to cut back.   I would love to live in a smaller place and get rid of at least 75% of the clothing, stuff, pictures,etc that I have, but I don't think that'll ever happen for me.   So I deal with a 5 bedroom home, with a huge living room and dining room, kitchen here and the other house,  3 bedrooms, and the other rooms,  Both properties have approx 2 acres.  I would sell my other house but do hesitate, not knowing what would happen if something happened to my brother.  His breathing is a struggle at times, and he needs someone around him.   So here I am, still kind of a care taker at my age.   I want him to do as much as he can for himself for as long as he can.   No molly-coding, as he can be cantankerous as heck at times.  

Enough of that.   I hope your back pain eases up soon.   You are too young to have it become an ongoing problem.   Would Lewis move with you?    I know some places don't allow pets or charge more for them.  

If I ever did get to move,  I'd have to pay to have someone come in and help pack what I wanted moved and haul off the things I don't need anymore.   

Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

Image result for dragonfly images

@possummink 

I've been doing some research on dragonflies.  Very interesting reading.  They fly so fast; no wonder, they have two sets of wings.  Love that they hone in on mosquitoes and other bugs.  I've read that seeing them so much is supposed to bring you good luck.  Smiley Happy

@AnikaBrodie 

Anika,  That's cool,  that seeing these beautiful fragile creatures could bring good luck.   I am amazed at the many colorations, sizes, etc that occur in this beauties.   I am glad they zero in on mosquitoes, wish we had dozens more of them, dragonflies,  as we've got an abundance of mosquitoes here.   

We've had above normal rainfall every month since last November according to the weather guy here.   This morning Interstate 44 was closed not to far from here due to 6 inches of rain in a storm that hit us around rush hour.   Some schools canceled class as the buses with children on them got stuck in the flooding along the roads and streets.  Cars were swept off of the roads in some areas.   We've had several storms lately that have dumped a month or two's rainfall in just a couple of hours.  Flashflooding happens quite often in parts of the city.  Luckily we sit on high land,  but still get water in the basement and sump pump.

Hope all is going well for you and Ed.  I know Alfie is glad school has started so he can see the kids and buses.  Hope your sister is doing well too.  She's always in my prayers, Heart  as are all my friends here and their loved ones too. 

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor