Honored Contributor

hello all

not much new around here today.

it rained quite hard today.slowly slowing down and moving out. have house opened up. will not run the air at 65 degrees.

anyway, did run my 2 errands this afternoon, got home about 2pm or so. was soaked by time i got home.  i forgot my umbrella running from car to store.

not much else going on. will try to check in later.

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

Love ya Lulutoby!  My heart is covered in paw prints.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  So painful.  When the time is right, there's a little dog out there that would love to love you.      My precious Abbie was my mothers dog and came to live with me when mama passed away.  The vet says that she is 13 years old.  I'm not looking forward to the day that God takes her back.  It will probably kill me.       We have our memories and our forever love to lean on at these times.  If I could, I would zap all of your pain away.  You are in my thoughts and prayers, Love SC Heart

Honored Contributor

Image result for images of hand made angels

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Happy Friday Friends!!!   May God Bless you all with everything you need!          Last night at work was rough.  I'm off work until Sunday night.  I must lift my mind above all that has happened so that I can find joy in the weekend.         I'm about to make some home made tarter sauce and go to one of my sisters house for fish and chips and movie watching.  She is more sci fi than I am so maybe we can watch a comedy or somthing happy.       We had a lot of close by thunder today and a little bit of rain.  Very much needed and welcomed.  I long for the weather to cool down some.  When I was in school in the 60's and 70's,  we needed sweaters in the mornings in September.  Now it is October when the sweaters come out.  That is how much the weather has changed in my lifetime in the south.       Well, the tarter sauce isn't going to make itself so I better say goodbye for now.  Enjoy your evening and be happy, Love SC Heart

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

Charlie Brown And Snoopy with WoodstockInspirationMotivation | Etsy

@lulutoby   LOVE,  off to DD tonight. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

@possummink , I will have to look in the freezer section for the Okra.Smiley Happy

We were first introduced to it in Louisiana along with a whole new culture of foods.  

Okra, crawfish, lobster, gumbo, blackeyed peas, sweet tea, fried green tomatoes, Jambalaya, and tasted the sugar cane fresh from the fields to name a few of the delicious delights.

My Mom added Tabasco to almost everything morning, noon and night!

She grew Okra when we moved back to Wyoming and then to NE.  

My Sister's favorite birthday meal is Gumbo and Bread Pudding.Smiley Tongue

@lulutoby   I add cayene to a lot of what I eat, not for DH though.  I also use a ton of tobasco in the egg mix when I fry chicken.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lulutoby wrote:

@possummink , I will have to look in the freezer section for the Okra.Smiley Happy

We were first introduced to it in Louisiana along with a whole new culture of foods.  

Okra, crawfish, lobster, gumbo, blackeyed peas, sweet tea, fried green tomatoes, Jambalaya, and tasted the sugar cane fresh from the fields to name a few of the delicious delights.

@lulutoby   I add cayene to a lot of what I eat, not for DH though.  I also use a ton of tobasco in the egg mix when I fry chicken.

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lulutoby wrote:

@mousiegirl  and @lulutoby    I add crushed red pepper to many things I fix for myself.   I'd use more habanero's but my brother is not a fan of hot foods, so I have to add extra to mine.   I love crushed red pepper on pizza and on cream cheese as a snack with chips or pretzel thins.   My younger brother is like me,  loves hot food.  We added it to a potato casserole that my sister in law fixed for supper last night.   We had supper over there every night this week except tonight.   My sister and her husband left for the Dallas area this morning and are now home.   

My sister got some red habaneros for her son from one of the farmers near here and she gave me 4 of them.   They are pretty good sized and I'm going to save the seeds for next spring's plantings.   I have some orange ones minced up in the freezer and they'll go into soups and stews this coming fall and winter.   I also add siracha to salsa and other dishes.  

Love Tabasco in Bloody Mary's.  The spicer the better.  Love the burn!!! Cat Very Happy   Black pepper is a staple in my diet.  I take the top off of most pepper shakers when we go to restaurants instead of shaking them forever.   I think of pepper as a health food! 

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lulutoby wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lulutoby wrote:

@mousiegirl  and @lulutoby    I add crushed red pepper to many things I fix for myself.   I'd use more habanero's but my brother is not a fan of hot foods, so I have to add extra to mine.   I love crushed red pepper on pizza and on cream cheese as a snack with chips or pretzel thins.   My younger brother is like me,  loves hot food.  We added it to a potato casserole that my sister in law fixed for supper last night.   We had supper over there every night this week except tonight.   My sister and her husband left for the Dallas area this morning and are now home.   

My sister got some red habaneros for her son from one of the farmers near here and she gave me 4 of them.   They are pretty good sized and I'm going to save the seeds for next spring's plantings.   I have some orange ones minced up in the freezer and they'll go into soups and stews this coming fall and winter.   I also add siracha to salsa and other dishes.  

Love Tabasco in Bloody Mary's.  The spicer the better.  Love the burn!!! Cat Very Happy   Black pepper is a staple in my diet.  I take the top off of most pepper shakers when we go to restaurants instead of shaking them forever.   I think of pepper as a health food! 

@possummink   Red pepper flakes here also, and I drizzle sriracha all over nachos, but habaneros, NO way, you must have an asbestos mouth, lol.