Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear 

The sleepy little mouse fella is just darling!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@possummink 

Now that posting of Beach Girl relaxing on the beach is what I will be thinking of in a few months after the temps have dropped.

I am worn out today so will be heading to bed a lot earlier than usual. It was an overcast day and I had an out of town doctor appointment. I just love being home, feel so at peace and blessed whenever I get back home no matter how short a trip. I kind of remind myself of a dog who is so happy to see you even if you had only been gone an hour! I love dogs and animals so much. It has been about a year since I lost my Willow, I might be getting close to getting another little white dog. Good night everyone!

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: text

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: food

Honored Contributor

Funky Rainbow Cats - Cool Cat: Creative Birthday Greeting Card

@Tissyanne 

Tissyanne,   I talked to Jillian today, well almost everyday, and Kiwi is doing a lot better about the baby.   They bought a monitor with a camera for keeping an eye on the baby in his room and they saw on the camera that Kiwi went into the baby's room, kissed him on the forehead and put the binki into his mouth.     I saw the video and it was so sweet. 

They are settling into their home gradually, unpacking and putting thing here and there.   They've also bought lamps, some more furniture, and need to get at twin sized mattress for the guest room. 

I'm glad your brother is there and is getting closer to the time he moves in there for good.   My sister and her husband are leaving in the morning to go back to Carrollton, TX.   Long drive for them   My brother and I have gone over to our younger brother's home every afternoon and had supper there and saw lots of family, nieces, nephews, great nieces and nephew.  Busy place but my brother's home is set up for family gatherings.   It's just him and his wife most of the time now that their 3 sons are married and have their own homes.   It's a large house, but their kids are all near them and they babysit a lot or see their family a lot.  We love going over there and just enjoy being around family.

I wish my two children lived closer, well, my daughter does, but my son is in Hawaii for at least 2 more years and their sons are all in Florida, though the youngest will graduate from college in May, just  about 2 years after he started college.   He may be moving to Seattle after graduation.   I hope to see him before that move.  Not sure what he's going to do, just thoughts now.  The middle son is getting married next year and may have a "destination wedding'',  getting married in Italy and then having the reception in Florida. later on.  Not sure about that either,   just a possibility.   I do miss my 'Florida' family and home, for sure.!!!

We had a very cool and wet day here after the heavy thunderstorms that hit the city last night.   Some areas were getting 2 to 3 inches of rain an hour.   We were on the north side of the storms and got rain but not flooding rains.   I looked at a 10 day forecast and we may have a few days with highs in the 70ies and nights in the 50ies.   This summer has just flown by, at least for me.   

Pets to Amore,  and thank you for the prayers for Nancy.   She hasn't decided about the surgery yet.   We may see her on Sunday at a Confirmation party for one of our nieces.   

Take good care and keep safe and cool!Heart

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

This is Fried Okra.  Love it!!!

@possummink , there is a restaurant in town that actually has it on the menu as an appetizer.

I thought the fried corn, potatoes, onions, also had the okra added in.  Good to know as okra can get mushy.

The added bacon would be wonderful to kick it up a notch.

My BIL just dropped off garden tomatoes and zucchini. 

Now is the time for Ratatouille with all the produce in season.  So healthy and good.

@lulutoby 

Cindy,   After I read your post about the okra being in the fried corn and potato meal,  I got to thinking that it might be good to have the okra in with the potatoes, corn and onions.   I mentioned it to my brother and he kind of agreed, so the next time I fix that meal,  I am going to put okra in with the corn and potatoes + onions.    Sounds really good to me.   I could eat okra with most anything, but do not care for it, stewed by itself.    I do have a bag of okra and tomatoes,  Pictsweet brand, with tomatoes  and am going to fix that as I haven't had that dish yet.   I saw it in the freezer at the grocery store and decided to try it.   I love the Pictsweet Fordhook lima beans and Crowder peas.   Lots of good Southern veggies and combos there. Heart