Honored Contributor

@hullie wrote:

@possummink 

Now that posting of Beach Girl relaxing on the beach is what I will be thinking of in a few months after the temps have dropped.

I am worn out today so will be heading to bed a lot earlier than usual. It was an overcast day and I had an out of town doctor appointment. I just love being home, feel so at peace and blessed whenever I get back home no matter how short a trip. I kind of remind myself of a dog who is so happy to see you even if you had only been gone an hour! I love dogs and animals so much. It has been about a year since I lost my Willow, I might be getting close to getting another little white dog. Good night everyone!

@hullie wrote:

@possummink 

Now that posting of Beach Girl relaxing on the beach is what I will be thinking of in a few months after the temps have dropped.

I am worn out today so will be heading to bed a lot earlier than usual. It was an overcast day and I had an out of town doctor appointment. I just love being home, feel so at peace and blessed whenever I get back home no matter how short a trip. I kind of remind myself of a dog who is so happy to see you even if you had only been gone an hour! I love dogs and animals so much. It has been about a year since I lost my Willow, I might be getting close to getting another little white dog. Good night everyone!

@hullie 

Hullie,  I sure know what you mean about getting back home.   I love being home and am there most of the time.   I do go to see family and don't mind grocery shopping and other shopping but I do most gift shopping and clothing shopping on line.   I don't like finding parking places at the malls at all.  Love going out for supper or lunch, but its always a feeling of peaceful comfort to pull back into the driveway of home.   It's not a show place, or even neat as a pin, but for me it's comfortable and comforting.  

Our black walnut trees have been dropping their leaves for the past week or so and it's not due to drought.   They drop earlier than most of our trees and are loaded with black walnuts.   Easy to see them since the leaves are gone off most of the branches.   The pecans trees are dropping the nuts now.  I've been seeing them on the driveway from the one tree that's  across the driveway from  the kitchen garden.  There are a couple other pecan trees in the front and side yards.   Butternuts haven't started falling yet.   The squirrels will be busy for a bit and may leave my bird feeders alone.  One can hope. 

I hope you can find a sweet little dog to be your companion and shadow one of these days.   I used to have Doberman's and then inherited Miniature Schnauzers from my mother in law and then from my sister in law.  Loved those little critters, but my favorite is the Doberman.  I miss my big Azure's Ace,  the last Dobie I had.   He was a treasure and a magnificent dog.  Just sweet and gorgeous. 

Honored Contributor

@hullie 

Hullie,  the dog in this photo is almost the spitting image of Ace, my last Doberman.   I didn't show him as he had a flaw that could be passed on to future dogs, so I had him neutered.   The sweetest temperment imaginable but very protective of me.  He was my shadow.  I still miss him and he's been gone over 20 some years. Cat SadHeart

Honored Contributor

Re: SUMMER BY THE SEA

[ Edited ]

@phluphy wrote:

I love OKRA, had it all the time when I lived in TX.  When I moved back to NJ, I could not find it...was in Walmart one day and checking out the frozen aisle.  found okra by Picsweet...I was so happy.  Thanks for reminding me.  Always have a bag in my freezer.  Enjoy

@phluphy 

Phulphy.   Good to see your post here.   I am glad you were able to find the Picsweet brand of okra.   I think it's the best of the frozen brands I've tried.  I love the fresh okra, but this is all fixed and ready to be fried and makes a fast supper for us.    I have some of the plain sliced in the freezer for soups.   

Have a lovely weekend and pets to Melvin.  Hope you are doing well and having some cooler weather.  Take good care! Heart

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: people sitting, table, outdoor and food

Honored Contributor

Catch Us If You Can by Josephine Wall

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I'm In A Meeting Beverage Cocktail Paper Napkins Package of 20 Design Design #DesignDesignInc

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Honored Contributor