Honored Contributor

Image result for townhouse images  Sample townhouse

@lulutoby 

So, I just read you're considering downsizing and starting out your search for a possible townhouse.  Downsizing is the hardest part of buying a new home.  Deciding what to keep, or donate or sell or discard is a monumental task! 

As you may recall several months ago we downsized by over 1,000 square feet.  We looked at several beautiful townhouses but unfortunately they did not meet our criteria.  We needed a home with just one floor and no stair steps, and they are hard to find in our area.  We did not want a basement but did want a garage that allowed for some storage.

The townhouses we looked at all had a second bedroom on the second floor and a full basement with 10' ceilings.  In each case they had more stair steps than our home.  The one thing they all had in common was lawn maintenance (mowing, landscaping, etc.) and snow removal in winter. 

In our search we found a newly built one story stand alone home in a retirement complex.  It met all our needs with no steps and is completely handicapped accessible both inside and outside.  It has a garage and we purchased several free standing storage units that are lined up at the end of and one side of the garage.  We had to get pretty organized in storing items we don't need everyday, and we're still doing that sometimes moving items from one area to another.  

Enjoy your search and don't get too stressed as you continue the process.  When you least expect it something will turn up that meets all your needs.  Smiley Happy 

Remember, @Puddles went through this process too.  I'm sure she will be happy to give you some pointers.   

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

67960561_1167620883423947_5895194380171476992_n.jpg

@CherryHugs , love this. Heart

Honored Contributor

@possummink , 

Hello. Kiwi giving the baby his binki is so sweet. I know that brought joy to you all. 

My brother flew home this morning, and has just landed. We went to Longhorn Steakhouse last night for dinner. Very good meal, and enjoyable. They sure make good steaks. My DH and I had New York Strip, and my brother had rib eye. The whole meal was excellent. 

Today is quiet here. My DH got called out to work at 3:00 a.m., and came back at 5:00. So, it was a disturbance for us all here. Woman Sad

Today is expected a high of 105, and tomorrow 109. Yikes !!! 

I know you miss your Florida home with your son, and his family. You spent most of your time there it seemed. I miss Fred, and FruitLoop myself. So, I can imagine how you feel. 

Time sure is going by quickly. The holidays are fast approaching. 

Continued prayers for Nancy. 

animated-cat-image-0009.gif

Honored Contributor

@Puddles , 

I am sending you light, and love my friend. Heart

c9f9de88ff9130f0e330a5968786158f.jpg

Honored Contributor

hello all

Poss, noticed tonight a very large bright planet/star in south/west sky area, looked like it was part of a constellation of some kind. A box with a odd point . Do you know what that very bright large planet/star is??? 

Not much tonight. Cleaned out my plastic closet. The Tupperware/Rubbermaid/ heaven knows what other plastic brand was in there. I am giving goodwill 2 leaf bags of plastic wear. I kept all my Tupperware and several of my Rubbermaid storage containers I use all the time for left overs after dinner or extra dry food storage.

got afternoon walk in. Showers done, and 1st load in dryer and 2nd load in washer.

well guys not much else tonight, see all in the morn.

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby ,

d187084d5a5e7f2297b71087144073b9.jpg

Honored Contributor
NATIONAL DOG DAY – August 26

National Dog Day - August 26

NATIONAL DOG DAY

National Dog Day on August 26th encourages dog ownership of all breeds. While seeking a new companion, be sure to consider the mutts, mixes, purebreds, and everything in between. 

Whether mixed or purebred, embrace the opportunity for all dogs to live a happy, safe, and abuse-free life. They all give us companionship. Additionally, they keep us safe, and they aid those in need. Dogs play. Well, they play many roles in our lives, too! They keep us healthy, both physically and mentally.

While many days aim to find loving homes for dogs, this day expands that consideration to look beyond the breed. Look into the heart of the animal. The purpose of the National Dog Day Foundation is to rescue 10,000 dogs each year.

A dog is man’s best friend.

Purebreds are animals whose parents were both of the same breed. While the American Kennel Club (AKC) recognizes official breeds, not all dogs with parents from the same breed are considered official by the AKC. One benefit of purebred animals is that characteristics such as behavior and size are predictable.

With mixed breed animals, the genetics becomes uncertain, and some of the predictability is lost. However, when it comes to choosing a dog to add to your family or for training one to join a team, both purebred and mixed breeds may still fit the bill. Both types of dogs, young and old, find their way to shelters.

Many popular breeds fill shelters due to recent films or television shows. Families buy an animal imagining they will make the perfect pet but are unprepared for the training, care, and other responsibilities that come with canine care. Regardless of their genetics, all dogs require care and training. If there’s a particular breed that has captured your heart, check the shelters. You might be surprised to find either a purebred or one that is a mix of the kind you’re fond of.

When dogs find a forever home, their companionship creates lifelong benefits. They bring with them joy, loyalty, and devotion. Eventually, no matter the breed, these pets become family.

HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalDogDay

Listen to Dog Walking by The Knits from their album Pixel Parks.

When considering adoption, adopt, don’t shop. If you have your heart set on a purebred companion, consider visiting a website like bestfriends.org or petfinder.com to find one at a shelter. Learn how organizations like these are changing the way we adopt. As you search for your new family member, get prepared. Keep in mind the needs of a small versus large dog. Until you find your forever companion, consider volunteering at your shelter or becoming a foster parent.

Use #NationalDogDay and post photos of your dog on social media.  Take your dog for a walk.  If you do not have a dog, ask to take your neighbor’s dog for a stroll, or volunteer at a shelter. 

NATIONAL DOG DAY HISTORY

Colleen Paige, pet lifestyle expert, founded National Dog Day in 2004.

Honored Contributor

Image result for monday images quotes

Honored Contributor

Image result for monday images quotes

It feels like fall here this morning; only 54 now with a high of 77 today.  Wishing everyone a great Monday and week.  ((Hugs))  Enjoy the rest of your summer.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor