Honored Contributor

3c7abb5096879fac52189100be0cafb9.jpg

Honored Contributor

da847b56e9c36e8e46b2601ae0163564.gif

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

@hullie wrote:

@possummink 

Now that posting of Beach Girl relaxing on the beach is what I will be thinking of in a few months after the temps have dropped.

I am worn out today so will be heading to bed a lot earlier than usual. It was an overcast day and I had an out of town doctor appointment. I just love being home, feel so at peace and blessed whenever I get back home no matter how short a trip. I kind of remind myself of a dog who is so happy to see you even if you had only been gone an hour! I love dogs and animals so much. It has been about a year since I lost my Willow, I might be getting close to getting another little white dog. Good night everyone!

@hullie wrote:

@possummink 

Now that posting of Beach Girl relaxing on the beach is what I will be thinking of in a few months after the temps have dropped.

I am worn out today so will be heading to bed a lot earlier than usual. It was an overcast day and I had an out of town doctor appointment. I just love being home, feel so at peace and blessed whenever I get back home no matter how short a trip. I kind of remind myself of a dog who is so happy to see you even if you had only been gone an hour! I love dogs and animals so much. It has been about a year since I lost my Willow, I might be getting close to getting another little white dog. Good night everyone!

@hullie 

Hullie,  I sure know what you mean about getting back home.   I love being home and am there most of the time.   I do go to see family and don't mind grocery shopping and other shopping but I do most gift shopping and clothing shopping on line.   I don't like finding parking places at the malls at all.  Love going out for supper or lunch, but its always a feeling of peaceful comfort to pull back into the driveway of home.   It's not a show place, or even neat as a pin, but for me it's comfortable and comforting.  

Our black walnut trees have been dropping their leaves for the past week or so and it's not due to drought.   They drop earlier than most of our trees and are loaded with black walnuts.   Easy to see them since the leaves are gone off most of the branches.   The pecans trees are dropping the nuts now.  I've been seeing them on the driveway from the one tree that's  across the driveway from  the kitchen garden.  There are a couple other pecan trees in the front and side yards.   Butternuts haven't started falling yet.   The squirrels will be busy for a bit and may leave my bird feeders alone.  One can hope. 

I hope you can find a sweet little dog to be your companion and shadow one of these days.   I used to have Doberman's and then inherited Miniature Schnauzers from my mother in law and then from my sister in law.  Loved those little critters, but my favorite is the Doberman.  I miss my big Azure's Ace,  the last Dobie I had.   He was a treasure and a magnificent dog.  Just sweet and gorgeous. 

@possummink   DD and her boyfriend have a Dobie mix now, looks Dobie, huge, and I don't see another mix in him, so hope it is not Rottweiler, the pup is black with brown points, ears have not been cropped nor tail docked.

@hullie  @possummink   I am a homebody also, hardly leave the house anymore, had to go out twice this week, nearly did me in, lol, in the 80's, but at least my car has air conditioning as my home does not.

Trusted Contributor

Dreary drizzling day. So much rain that a no wake zone has been posted on our lake as beaches are being swallowed into the lake. I imagine rivers must be getting high as well, don’t watch the local news usually.

@possummink 

Your Loving Ace sounds like he has a very special place in your heart ! 💜 our pets just fill our souls and enrich our  lives, such treasures. I miss not having a wagging tail greeting me every time I come home.

well, need to get some things done. I have a weekly card game tonight. “And miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep “ I just love poetry and days like this I could grab one of my books and just read! 

Honored Contributor

22893960_1037091626439657_1217165491148542337_n.jpg

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

52782474_2184420298475852_2924462748177793024_n.jpg

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

11870689_1031286990276340_7649186736609573710_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

53486498_2189106228007259_3093871398091751424_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today.

I have eaten okra, but not a huge fan, can no longer eat it.

Lulu, moving is a huge undertaking. make sure  you are ready for it. small home would be a huge asset but getting from big to small is a huge task.

no walk today. did hang out clothes, lousy day for drying on line. sun yes and a little wind, but dampness of earth kept things moist. 99.9% clothes did dry on line/

well guys that is all for now. will try to check in later.