Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@possummink 

Everything okay? I was concerned when I didn’t see you posting. I saw a picture on yahoo yesterday of a long bridge, red pickup truck and horribly dark storm clouds. If I remember correctly the bridge went to Alton Illinois. 

@butterfly123 

Hi Butterfly,   Thank you for asking.   Things are ok,   just very hot and humid here.   We did have some severe storms pop up on Wednesday evening and we lost power for a bit.    Very heavy rains and high winds around here.   

I haven't been doing much,  especially outside where there is a lot to do.  Seems like the older I get the more there is to do and most doesn't get done.   We do not have AC here but the house has huge trees all around it and many windows for cross breezes and of course fans.   I can deal with the heat for the most part, but did get spoiled with AC when spending so much time at my son's home in FL.    I grew up without it and so I know how to pace myself and keep the heat tolerable.   We are supposed to have storms again on Sunday then a dramatic drop in temps and heat index.   Today it was 107-110 with temps in the 90s.   Tomorrow it might hit 99 degrees here, but I am going over to my daughter's and we're going out for supper.   

My granddaughter saw her doctor yesterday and they are worried about the baby being in 'distress'.   He's not moving quite as much as he had been and now she's wearing a monitor and has to go back to the  doctor this coming week.   I think she's been doing too much this close to the Csection date, the 29th.   If she doesn't feel the baby moving for a bit she's supposed to eat or drink something sweet then count the moving for a half hour.   I am in favor of them doing the Csection sooner if it's safer for the baby.    

On top of that with Thomas being home and all the travel, my daughter's hot water heater decided quit working so now they are looking to have it replaced.   Always something going on. 

Alton is about 7 miles from me,  with the two bridges,   the Lewis Bridge over the Missouri about 1 1/2 miles from my house and  the Clark Bridge, over the Mississippi River,  is about 6 miles or so from the house.   Alton, IL is where the Clark Bridge takes traffic from Missouri heading north into IL.     Be.ow is a picture of more storms over the Mississippi River. 

Thunderstorms over the Mississippi River.

Honored Contributor

@possummink 

We have AC in our rental but the upstairs is hot in the summer and cold in the winter. We have a portable AC upstairs and it’s made a huge difference.

Oh no, sorry to hear your daughter’s hot water heater went out. Seems like these things happen close to the weekend. 

I will pray for your DGD and your family. Hopefully, the baby will be more active. 

I know your area has suffered with intense flooding and storms. The cooler weather will be welcomed by everyone there.

Hugs, 

🦋

Honored Contributor

Re: SUMMER BY THE SEA

[ Edited ]

Related image

@possummink  I will have your DGD and her baby in thought and prayer. Stay cool and safe. I hope your next round of storms won't be so bad.

ETA: Here's some love and a hug from Snow White.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

@Puddles wrote:

@Tissyanne wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

@Puddles wrote:

@Tissyanne wrote:

@Puddles wrote:

@LIG1  Ha! I hid some of the petit fours @Tissyanne left for me. They were delicious with my tea this morning.

om nom eating GIF

@Puddles , I have been baking this morning, and we may need to put these new sweets under one of your tiaras for safe keeping. Shhh, don' let @LIG1  know our latest plan. 

Lemon berry

lemon-petit-fours.jpg

@Tissyanne  Nope, no need to hide these. I just ate them all. If you have more, save them for later when @LIG1 isn't around.

@Puddles & @Tissyanne no worries, I made fresh oatmeal, walnut and cranberry cookies today and oh my, they were so good with my tea.

Oops, I forgot to save you all some-- sorry, well.. maybe not. smiley

@LIG1 , Aww, I have homemade blueberry muffins, fresh churned butter, and warm cinammon tea to share with you, and well, now, it will be just me, and @Puddles . Sorry. doggyhug3.gif

@Tissyanne   It was all so yummy, especially these! 

I'm glad we didn't have to share with @LIG1.

@Tissyanne & @Puddles, that's ok, I'm still stuffed from those cookies I made this afternoon. 

I have to tell you though @Tissyanne, I'm just glad it wasn't homemade gingerbread muffins that you made today because I think I would be in a panic. LOL @Puddles knows exactly what I mean, too! 

@LIG1 , 

Just for you my friend. Heart

Homemade Gingerbread Muffins 

GingerbreadMuffins3.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne   Do you have a Jason's Deli where you live? Well @LIG1  and I love their mini gingerbread muffins. In honor of @LIG1I think I'll have lunch there tomorrow and bring her share of the muffins home for my evening tea.

both!

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@lulutoby 

Cindy.   Cool new car,   Happy for you!!!   Still haven't figured out all the bells and whistles on Belle and she's a 2004 Sequoia.   I'm afraid to touch some of the buttons, switches, etc.   I am always running out to the Toyota dealer that cares for her, if I have a problem or don't know what button/switch to use.   I do have the manual but haven't read it. Cat Surprised 

What color did you get.  Hugs to the pups and you of course.HeartCat LOL

Honored Contributor

you are enough

Honored Contributor

Good night @LIG1. I hope your Internet gets sorted. See you tomorrow my friend.

Honored Contributor

Sweet dreams everyone!

Honored Contributor

@Puddles wrote:

@Tissyanne   Do you have a Jason's Deli where you live? Well @LIG1  and I love their mini gingerbread muffins. In honor of @LIG1I think I'll have lunch there tomorrow and bring her share of the muffins home for my evening tea.

both!

@Puddles , 

There is a Jason's Deli here. I have not eaten there in a long time. I like the chicken salad. Enjoy @LIG1 's share of those muffins. doggyhug3.gif