Re: SUMMER BY THE LAKE🌞

Image may contain: flower, plant, sky, outdoor and nature

Honored Contributor

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

Duncraft.com: Covered Ground Platform Feeder

@Sweet Caroline 1 , I do like squirrels and the birds and gave up trying to feed them separately after I discovered a sweaty squirrel stuck inside a "squirrel proof" feeder.

This is similar to the open hopper feeder I now use.  It seems like there is enough food to go around for everyone.  

Besides birdseed I'll throw in cut up fruits and nuts sometimes.

I also have a bird bath that sits on the patio floor for everyone to enjoy.

Sounds like you have a wonderful area to live and observe all natures creatures.Heart

Honored Contributor

Thumbnail

Honored Contributor

Thumbnail

Honored Contributor

Thumbnail

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

The Best Times to Put Out Birdhouses@beastielove      Dear beastielove, I hope that all is well with you.  Someone noticed that you havn't posted lately and hoping you are ok after the hurricane.  Thinking about you, Love, SCHeart

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

Nigella damascena - Wikipedia

Mulberry Rose Nigella' Love in a Mist | Renee's Garden Seeds

@mousiegirl , Thanks for the information about 'Love-In-A-Mist', Nigella seed heads.  I didn't know the birds loved them.

I do know they are super easy to grow from seed and can reseed.  Also, they are one of the really true blue flowers.

I would dry the seed pods and use in floral arrangements.

This year was a difficult year for me to be in the playing in the garden/dirt.  Hopefully next year will be kinder.

So happy for you.Heart

@lulutoby  Yes, they reseed all over.  My general soil is horrible, clay, but if the soil were great, I would have tons all over, as it is, they pop up here and there, but not in abundance.  I have seeds of various colors, including white, so will spread those this Fall.  I don't have the huge bird bath any longer, a gopher dislodged the dirt underneath, and it toppled, breaking, but I still have the stand which is a rabbit, couldn't toss that.

Hopefully, next year will be better for you, and me, and anyone who needs a better year. Smiley Happy