Honored Contributor

Image may contain: 2 people, people eating and drink, text that says 'When life gives you The Journey Home lemons, add ice, vodka and a little umbrella and hang in there.'

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Esteemed Contributor

@possummink   Thank you for the lovely photo of the Cathedral! My granddaughter just finished a beaded picture that has about 2,000 beads placed individually. I sent her a photo of the mosaics because she will appreciate how much work is involved. 

@possummink wrote:

@viva923 

Viva,   We have Mass on Sunday,  but it's limited in attendance.   The 11:30 Mass never has a big attendance.   Since this virus thingy and the Archbishop allowing churches to be open and Masses attended,  there are even fewer people at that Mass.   I'd guess that this past Sunday there were fewer than 50 people.   Every other pew is closed off,  social distancing is required, even going up for Communion and that's in the hands only.   The priest and minister wear masks to give out Communion.   You have to wear a mask to go into church. too.

The photo above is of the Cathedral Basilica here in St. Louis.   All of the figures and the walls are mosaics.  There are 41.5 million pieces of glass on the walls, the largest collection of mosaics in the world outside of Russia   It's such a beautiful place.  

I hope DH's foot pain is easing.   Take care and baby that foot of yours too.   

Honored Contributor

@Puddles @mousiegirl @AnikaBrodie @CherryHugs @Sassy7356 

94365326-0D85-49FB-8D4A-E9FECE82B194.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Biscuit and Willow,  resting up after a long session of rough and tumble wrestling and racing through the house, clambering over the furniture, knocking a few things down.  

I wish I knew how to post videos of Biscuit giving Willow a bath.  She wraps her arms around Willow and washes her.   Sometimes Willow resists, others she just soaks up the attention.   Quite a pair.   Mattie is warming up to Willow but now and then gives her a slap.   They share food bowls,  one thinking the other has better food!! Cat Very Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@possummink   Thank you for the lovely photo of the Cathedral! My granddaughter just finished a beaded picture that has about 2,000 beads placed individually. I sent her a photo of the mosaics because she will appreciate how much work is involved. 

@possummink wrote:

@viva923 

Viva,   We have Mass on Sunday,  but it's limited in attendance.   The 11:30 Mass never has a big attendance.   Since this virus thingy and the Archbishop allowing churches to be open and Masses attended,  there are even fewer people at that Mass.   I'd guess that this past Sunday there were fewer than 50 people.   Every other pew is closed off,  social distancing is required, even going up for Communion and that's in the hands only.   The priest and minister wear masks to give out Communion.   You have to wear a mask to go into church. too.

The photo above is of the Cathedral Basilica here in St. Louis.   All of the figures and the walls are mosaics.  There are 41.5 million pieces of glass on the walls, the largest collection of mosaics in the world outside of Russia   It's such a beautiful place.  

I hope DH's foot pain is easing.   Take care and baby that foot of yours too.   

Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis, Missouri

@1Snickers 

Krypto,  I'm glad you enjoyed the picture of the St. Louis Cathedral Basilica.  It truly is magnificent,  one of the most beautiful places I've ever been in.   So many pictures of it, it's hard to choose one that even comes close to seeing it in person.  

I don't think I've ever seen a beaded picture like your granddaughter made.  I bet it's beautiful and very hard to do.   She must be very patient to do so many beads.   Do you have a photo of it?    

Our weather is bright sunshine and a high in the upper 80ies.   I am headed over to the other house to empty bedroom drawers and possibly start on the closet.   Many clothes there have been donated.  I haven't heard back from the audtion guy yet and am not sure what to do with the glasses and dishware I don't need anymore.   Might just leave it for the buyer.  Man Indifferent

Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie 

Anika,   We are nearing the end of the peach season here, or at least the pick your own, and the same for pick your own blackberries.   Would love to have one of the glasses above.  I love blackberry tea and flavored lemonade.  Our apple picking season should begin in a couple of weeks.  Lots of orchards around this area,  mostly closeby in Illinois.    Looking forward to some good, sweet,  crisp apples fresh off of the trees.   Hard to believe that it'll soon be time for Apple butter making at the church up the road. 

I haven't heard anything about the Lincoln.   I don't know what whoever took it could do with it.   The police have the VIN #,  I have the title and keys.   My son thinks they wanted it for parts.   Kind of an old car for part switching.  

I spent part of the morning changing addresses for credit cards, utilities etc.   Not sure when to let the electric co, water co,  trash co  etc.  to stop services to the house.  I am waiting for a call back from the buyer as to what he thinks.  I've never handled this kind of stuff,  Charlie did it and we bought the house in 1970.   Wow, 50 years.   This house came into the family in 1961.   I've only lived in 4 houses over my lifetime, and one was only for a year before we moved back here to care for my dad while my mom worked.      So this old dog is having to learn new tricks.  Cat Very Happy

I wish there was a retirement community similar to yours in my area or a bit west,  maybe in St. Charles County, MO.  It's not as developed as St. Louis County.  Where I live was farmland when I was growing up and even when we bought this house,  now were're surrounded by subdivisions and some commercial developments.   No more cow bells in the pasture next to the house, no more wild blackberries or dewberries growing in fields behind our property.  No more Meadowlark, Bob White Quail, Nighthawks songs.  Many critters are gone too,  foxes, skunks, etc.  

I think I could adapt to having a smaller yard, not having to cut the grass or trim bushes.   A smaller house for me an my cats in a quiet, friendly area would be nice.   My daughter has offered me to move in with her but I think the house is too small and she has dogs that wouldn't go well with my cats.   Not enough private space, which I have always needed.  Oh, well,  it'll all come out in the wash!! 

Have a lovely rest of your Friday and a nice peaceful weekendHeart

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

No photo description available.