Honored Contributor

@Puddles @lulutoby @Sassy7356 @mousiegirl @CherryHugs 

I will be back after I delete some pictures.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Puddles 

@Puddles wrote:

@LTT1  Happy day wishes to you too.

thank you @Puddles  you always find the prettiest pictures.

Honored Contributor

@Puddles @lulutoby @mousiegirl @Sassy7356 @CherryHugs 

E322F615-DDE3-4762-B52A-86A354DDDDBF.jpeg

Found! A shady spot to rest our eyes

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, outdoor and nature

Esteemed Contributor

Image may contain: text that says 'Happy Thursday'

Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@possummink wrote:

Image may contain: text that says 'MOST TART GRANNY SMITH PACIFIC ROSE MCINTOSH EMPIRE JAZZ BRAEBURN LADY ENVY CORTLAND MACOUN AUTUMN GLORY OPAL SUG RBEE SMITTEN JONAGOLD GOLD DELICIOUS RED DELICIOUS SNAPDRAGON HONEYCRISP JUICI AMBROSIA GALA MOST SWEET FUJI'

@possummink 

It's great to hear from you.  I always enjoy your posts about family, the cats, your home, Missouri, etc. 

My favorite apples are McIntosh, Cortland and Gala.  I plan to make an apple pie with crumb topping soon.  My six month check-up is Thursday and if I get a good report I may even make two.  Smiley Happy  Ed would love that.

@AnikaBrodie 

Anika,   Thank you!!   I hope you get great results from your checkup today.   My next visit with my PC is in September.   He'll probably get on me about losing some more weight.   Not easy when you are at home most of the time and it's too hot to do stuff outside.   I'll have to polish that excuse up a bit.  🤣😍

I sure hope Ed gets his two apple pies.  I'd love to have a big slice of one of your apple crumb pies.   A big scoop of vanilla ice cream to top it off, Wow!   I am guessing that many of the get together's y'all have with your neighbors and friends at your new home have been cut back.  I hope not, because I know how much you enjoyed going and fixing something awesome to take as a treat for everyone.   You and Ed picked a really nice wonderful community to move to.  Sounds so friendly and a comfortable place to live.  

We have a drive by baby shower coming up in a couple of weeks.  I don't think I'm going to go as it's on a Friday evening and we are supposed to kind of decorate our vehicles with a baseball theme.   I'm not into putting things on my car and then driving the Interstates to go over to Illinois.  I feel bad for my niece as they've wanted this new baby for many years and we can't all be together to share the joy and excitement with her and her little family.   Their only daughter is now 10.   She went back to school yesterday, 5th grade, wearing masks.   I hope they all stay safe especially as the baby is due in about 6 weeks, maybe sooner.   

At church on Sunday,  not many people were there at the 11:30 mass,  I looked around and thought about how a tiny  invisible germ, virus, whatever,  could change the way the world's population lives our daily lives and for so long.   Something we can't even see, could be near us and we wouldn't know.  Something so tiny can make so many so very sick, ruin lives, take lives, wreck businesses, keep so many families apart, isolate so many others,  shut down travel, etc.   So very strange when you think about it and all the consequences of it.   

We had very heavy rains yesterday, and I heard thunder a bit ago.  It's muggy but not as hot.    Guess I'd best close and go feed the birds.   Pets to Alfie. Heart    Be well and safe!!

Honored Contributor

Picture from Amazing Missouri Photography page on FB.  The lady posted the below comment  

"I decided to go out last night to see if I could see any meteors. I saw several right away as soon as I stepped out the door, so I set up my camera and shot for a while. I caught a few over my barn with the Milkyway in the photo. The red light in the barn is actually the electic fencer blinking."

I went out to see if I could see any of the Perseid meteors but due to the huge trees, and having to look straight up to that constellation,  I didn't see any.  May try again tonight.   I did get a marvelous sighting of Mars, which was in the Eastern sky,  not too far above the horizon.  It was glowing red, just awesome to see.   Many of the black walnut trees have lost a lot of their leaves with the storms the other night blowing many of them off.  So looking to the East,  I can see more of the sky.   Orion should be rising in the early morning hours soon.  I was outside at about 2 am. I think, not sure of the time. 

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: plant, text that says 'Photo by Palmer.'

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here.

Poss you have Mass. wow, we only have daily Mass, only 50 people allowed at the 830am service, Sunday only 50 people allowed and you have to make reservations for that.

was at cvs today to get my high dose flu shot. Was shocked at the no mask policy they have. Some where wearing mask the majority no mask. The pharmacist was only one wearing mask in pharmacy area. He gave me the shot.

we had some heavy rain since 10am this morn. I got morn walk in before rain, i took my walk this afternoon when rain was lighter.

not much else. Will check in later.

Honored Contributor