Re: SUMMER BY THE LAKE🌞

106919384_3720373877989793_6011501317107028494_o.jpg

Respected Contributor

115931254_212168366832119_3143299271691866242_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Puddles @lulutoby @LIG1 @FlowerBear @AnikaBrodie 

Yesterday we made it to my dermatology appointment which was at 9 am. I think we might be adjusting to our new locale although sometimes I'm not so sure.

This appointment was south of us quite farther away.

Our new discovery is that many of the main roads up here are under construction in the summer. Oh joy.

So our chosen route for yesterday got us there a few minutes late...WOW we thought we would be in the safe zone!

Because of Covid19, DH had to wait in the car. (It was nice outside, which seems to be the norm early in the day)

My new derm has a practically new (3 mo.) baby boy at home! We discussed the implications of someone coming in for an appointment and transmitting the virus to one of them. As one can imagine, she is on guard about taking the virus home and infecting her baby and husband.

We talked about my skin condition, she changed a medicine, she recommended a sunscreen, etc. Very thorough. She is definitely a new friend!

All of this is to help explain my absence here. 
I need to read as much as I can while the internet is behaving.

Next we will go walking at the mall, which opens at 11.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

"My Lake" across the street from where I live, it is a nice place to go might even be too hot there today

ADECF05A-FB6F-4FD8-98FB-4C5A86C66E45.jpeg

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

I made two quarts of fresh lemonade this morning.  It's so good.  I also made a gallon of sun iced tea (Lipton bags, plus two constant comment and two lemon lift).  It's so refreshing.

I'm making baked ham with pineapple for dinner and will serve with sweet potatoes, summer squash (grown by friend) and applesauce.  She also gave me a large zucchini and I'll use that to make lemon, blueberry, zucchini breads.

Today a crew completed installation to the roads to seven new retirement homes across the road from us.  They're all completed on the exterior and work is being done now on the interior of the homes.  They hope to be finished by early to mid-September.  Four of the seven are already sold.

@AnikaBrodie   Except for the applesauce and squash, you are having my Easter dinner, and I make cornbread and a green vege.

Is the Constant Comment just the black tea, or is it another flavor?  I will be using my Twinnings Breakfast tea instead of Lipton, though Lipton is what my Mother drank.

@mousiegirl 

I used the Bigelow Constant Comment black tea.  It's in a black and red box with individually packed teabags.  Every time I make sun tea I use different flavors for the tea but always start with 6 or 7 Lipton tea bags.  We drink a lot of iced tea in the summer, but especially this year since it's so hot and humid in PA.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

@LIG1   Hello Smiley Happy  Adorable pups in a basket Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox   Wow I love that view! I am sure you will enjoy being there any day any time Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh my, already?  It's hard to believe it's the end of July.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

I made two quarts of fresh lemonade this morning.  It's so good.  I also made a gallon of sun iced tea (Lipton bags, plus two constant comment and two lemon lift).  It's so refreshing.

I'm making baked ham with pineapple for dinner and will serve with sweet potatoes, summer squash (grown by friend) and applesauce.  She also gave me a large zucchini and I'll use that to make lemon, blueberry, zucchini breads.

Today a crew completed installation to the roads to seven new retirement homes across the road from us.  They're all completed on the exterior and work is being done now on the interior of the homes.  They hope to be finished by early to mid-September.  Four of the seven are already sold.

@AnikaBrodie   Except for the applesauce and squash, you are having my Easter dinner, and I make cornbread and a green vege.

Is the Constant Comment just the black tea, or is it another flavor?  I will be using my Twinnings Breakfast tea instead of Lipton, though Lipton is what my Mother drank.

@mousiegirl 

I used the Bigelow Constant Comment black tea.  It's in a black and red box with individually packed teabags.  Every time I make sun tea I use different flavors for the tea but always start with 6 or 7 Lipton tea bags.  We drink a lot of iced tea in the summer, but especially this year since it's so hot and humid in PA.

@AnikaBrodie   Thank you, I will try your iced tea recipe.  When in Iowa one summer visiting DH's family, we drank iced all day.  It was many days before I realized why I couldn't sleep, lol.