Honored Contributor

Re: SUMMER AT THE SHORE🌞⛱️ 🐚🏊

@Puddles wrote:

@Puddles 

I love to plant coleus with other plants in containers and inground.  We planted coleus around the lamp post and in several containers this summer.  The ones around the post, started as tiny plants, are huge.  I wonder if they're related to bamboo.  Smiley HappySmiley Happy  We had a lot of rain this summer and I'm thinking it's why they grew so large.  We'll do it again next summer too; very pretty in a variety of colors.   

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

We had our CRV serviced and inspected yesterday.  Oil change, tire rotation and state inspection.  It took two hours; we thought it would be done in one.  The serviceman pronounced the car in excellent condition.  We surely hope so; it only has 5,000 miles on it. 

Afterwards, we went to Cracker Barrel and I had catfish while Ed had country ham.  I came home with a "goodie bag" for Alfie.  He was so happy.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Ed and I will be going back to exercise class at 1:00.  Both of us have recovered from sore muscles.  Goal:  at least 2 times week; preferably 3.

Tonight is fun night and I made apple crisp for it.  McIntosh apples were available at farmer's market.  I'll have to wait for Cortland til probably mid-October. They are my favorite.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Down to 5 days and counting til official fall date.  Tis my favorite season.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Speaking of invasive plants, I bought one plant of  Matilija Poppy, and before I knew it, it filled a large area and then traveled outside that area.  The flowers were gorgeous, enormous billowy white flowers, but eventually, I wanted a cottage garden in that area, so we began digging it out.  I didn't realize that it had thorns, so it was a miserable job and took many months, then we sprayed Round-up on all that came back and finally, it was gone,  I had to wait some time before planting anything there.Romneya Plant Growing Guide | Matilija poppy, California Tree Poppy

Hairy Matilija Poppy (Romneya trichocalyx) - Center for Plant Conservation

Trusted Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

May be a cartoon of text that says 'LOADING M”ICUP Happiness Write goals 2. Listen to music 3. Meditate 4. Flowers 5. Compliment someone 7. Gratitude Dance 8. Be creative 9.Hot bath 10. Write letter Bake a cake 12. Take a walk 13. Star gazing 14. Read books posilive 16. 17. Help someone 15. Learn new things MOVE YOUR BUTT! 21. Exercise 18. Start a journal 19. Self-love 20. warm Hugs Stay STAY 0 Viamin Stoy 22. watch sunrise 23, Eat healthily 24, StayInside Innide 26. Cook 27. Call a friend 28. HANDS!® 29: 30. Reward yourself!'

@Sassy7356 

Love this!

Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@Puddles wrote:

@Puddles 

I love to plant coleus with other plants in containers and inground.  We planted coleus around the lamp post and in several containers this summer.  The ones around the post, started as tiny plants, are huge.  I wonder if they're related to bamboo.  Smiley HappySmiley Happy  We had a lot of rain this summer and I'm thinking it's why they grew so large.  We'll do it again next summer too; very pretty in a variety of colors.   

@AnikaBrodie   

I always have several pots of a variety of coleus on our patios and I do believe that the more rain or water they get, the bigger they grow. I have one pot that is several years old, so I must be doing something right.

I hope you have a fun weekend planned.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne 

Sending you wishes for a fun weekend. (((((HUGS)))))

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

May be an image of 1 person, flower and text that says 'SENDING LOVE AND PRAYERS WHEREVER iT'S NEEDED © Drien 202/'

Honored Contributor

7 Tips for Coldwater Surfing — REAL Watersports

Dear @hullie,    I looked up cold water wet suits.  I don't know how well they work but I know how much you miss your warm weather water sports.  I was thinking that maybe you could still paddle board with one of these wet suits.  Getting the blues is very painful for me and I don't want you to suffer through it.  Pack up and come spend the winter with me and my sister.  We would love to have you.  We always have plenty of diet coke too!  Please feel better, Love you SC