Honored Contributor

Re: STILL INVITED TO HOLIDAY PARTIES?

never

but in Qland they exist 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I'm invited to holiday parties.  I do not attend.  I work for a large corporation and my job is one that works across the enterprise.  I'm invited to numerous department holiday parties that would be a nightmare to my calendar.  I do not want to show favoritism (my presence would be tracked) so I graciously decline.  My friends know I do not celebrate holidays and thankfully do not invite me.  Now a tailgate...Woo Hoo, I'm there with snacks galore!  Smiley Happy  Go Team Go and pass me a glass of champagne, please. 

Respected Contributor

We've never been much for parties of any kind, but went to a few (very few) in the past. Now, the only party we go to is our Sunday School Class Christmas party...and it's a blast! Lots of good food, fellowship and fun as we play Bad Santa. We do go to my brother's on Christmas Eve morning for a family get-togther. We cook a big breakfast, and enjoy each other's company. My best friend & I will go out to a nice lunch mid-December. That's about it--and that's enough!

Honored Contributor

We used to have several, mine and my Husband's Work Christmas Parties, and also we, had a couple of times Round Robins in my family, where we would visit maybe 4 houses and have refreshments and visit for a little bit and move along, each house would have a different type of refreshment, for instance the 1st house would serve appetizers, the 2nd house would be more appetizers, and the 3rd abd 4th would be  desserts,etc.....

We would arrange to have a Santa at the last house for the kids, it used ot be really fun, but that was many years ago when my daughters were small.Now no more Christmas Parties, except our Cookie Exchange at our Church! Love that one, we have some really good bakers at church!

Honored Contributor

We have a Christmas evening and meal with another couple whom are like blood to us. Our children grew up together, now they bring their little ones who think we are all cousins.  We also exchange presents because they are SO dear.  We rotate years.

We have a drop in here in our incorporated neighborhood.  I don't go because it's very early and there is a couple whom attach themselves to us when we have get togethers and they go to everything.  

Some of the ladies and I do lunch and have every month or so.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

We used to have several, mine and my Husband's Work Christmas Parties, and also we, had a couple of times Round Robins in my family, where we would visit maybe 4 houses and have refreshments and visit for a little bit and move along, each house would have a different type of refreshment, for instance the 1st house would serve appetizers, the 2nd house would be more appetizers, and the 3rd abd 4th would be  desserts,etc.....

We would arrange to have a Santa at the last house for the kids, it used ot be really fun, but that was many years ago when my daughters were small.Now no more Christmas Parties, except our Cookie Exchange at our Church! Love that one, we have some really good bakers at church! Edited to add that I do still have a girlfriends luncheon every year instead of exchanging gifts-that is a lot of fun!

Respected Contributor

I used to dread the holidays because of all the parties we were obligated to attend. 
They would start the Saturday after Thanksgiving and continue until the Saturday before Christmas. 
Every Saturday and Sunday we were going to parties. 
Now, no more parties and I love it. 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

never

but in Qland they exist 

@jackthebear   Well, I assumed someone was eating those huge deliveries of food. Lol

Honored Contributor

I'd  be absolutely thrilled to be invited to a holiday party, any party, anywhere.  Just ask me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

We hate to go to parties.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.