Respected Contributor

Re: STILL CLEANING YOUR HOUSE?

@Shanus I had a cleaning service a number of years ago.  My mom happened to be staying with me and told me they were in my house literally less than 2 hours to clean.  I stopped the service when I heard that.  I could do as good of a job as that--and judging from the amount of dust around the baseboards--they never did any deep cleaning.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leggett28 wrote:

I clean my house just like I always have. I never had to clean for company it’s always clean. No dirty dishes, no clutter bed always made. That’s just me.

@Leggett28   @DrKelli  Here, too. I'm neat/organized. With no kids home, there are no clothes, toys lying around and service just has to "clean" which on closer inspection by me, they weren't doing. This house is too large for us now, but only a mile from DH's office. Hopefully he'll retire shortly and we'll sell and downsize.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  It wouldn’t do me any good to have someone come in and clean, it would never be good enough for me. We also have a large house over 3,300. It’s too big for us but I can’t even think about moving again. We moved here almost Three years ago and that almost did me in 😘

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@mspatmac  I get the rest of the post, but why are the flamingos being moved?

@Shanus   I think you mean me. 

The flamingos are yard decorations.  They've spend the Illinois winter in the garage and shed. 

they are my summer guilty pleasure.

Honored Contributor

@Leggett28   I understand. Ours is larger and have been here 23 years...long enough to accumulate a lot more stuff than we need. We try to go closet by closet, tackle the garage, etc. bit by bit and donate, sell to rid ourselves of what we don't need. It's a huge job. 

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@mspatmac  I get the rest of the post, but why are the flamingos being moved?

@Shanus   I think you mean me. 

The flamingos are yard decorations.  They've spend the Illinois winter in the garage and shed. 

they are my summer guilty pleasure.

@Mary Bailey  Ah. Thanks for clarifying. 

Honored Contributor

I think homes should be built with a drain in each room.  Then we could just hose them down...they'd be so neat and clean as I'd use a hose-end sprayer with some detergent.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I hate dusting too. Makes my nose run. LOL!!! 

I clean house Mon-Fri doing certain things on certain days. I wash bedding on Sat. On Mon I start all over again. It takes less time cleaning if I keep up with it. I should be cleaning right now but I'm sitting here. Guess I need to get busy. Just made banana bread so have to clean my mess first.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   😂🤣😂

Honored Contributor

We reluctantly told our wonderful house cleaner, who has been with us for 15 years, to stay home with pay.

I miss her very much. I'm more of a shallow cleaner; she was much more thorough.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland