Honored Contributor

Re: STILL CLEANING YOUR HOUSE?

[ Edited ]

I'm loving the cartoons, too @AnikaBrodie . So happy they brighten your day. I'll be looking for more. 

We have a 12 ft. island down the center of the kitchen. The cook top is on one end with a huge metal pot rack suspended by chains over head. As usual w/ most cooks, I have my several favorites and rarely use the others. I need to empty my entire pantry. It's a walk in w/ built in shelves. We're having the kitchen & ceiling painted (was supposed to be April 16th, but now postponed) & are taking down the pot rack and filling the holes. I want to store the extra pots on a few of the pantry shelves. 

I have more canned goods and pantry items than usual just in case. Clearing some out at the end of the month will make plenty of room for sauce pans/frying pans. Received a set of matching cookware as a gift years ago. As a southern cook, give me my seasoned cast irons frying pans and casseroles any day!!! Stay healthy!

Esteemed Contributor

@Leggett28 

@Leggett28 wrote:

I clean my house just like I always have. I never had to clean for company it’s always clean. No dirty dishes, no clutter bed always made. That’s just me.

Same with me.  I don,t have a big house.  I dust baseboards once a week and same with shutters.  Fans, furniture. Clean cabinets outside, twice a year change inside.  You get the picture.  Always ready for company.

Fed all the roses outside today.  Did inside of Windows yesterday.  Will trim all bushes next week.

In all fairness, I live  alone and am elderly, so I have time.  Shelter in place has not disturbed my life as much.  Except for no gym, but I have tapes and weights, a treadmill and bike.  

I can,t go shopping, sons are doing that for me. They have been a godsent.  Can,t go to the hairdresser, but have wigs.  Can,t take the dog to groomer, but got nail clippers from Amazon, and cutting fur myself.   She is so cute.  Saved quite a bit of money this month on the last two. My friends don,t have computers or smart phones, so we speak on the phone.  I have to tex  family or email them, except one son calls once a week.  They have stepped up though as far as Food shopping or anything I need.

I am very blessed.

Food got more expensive.  All in all so far, so good.

Respected Contributor

What makes ya'll think I EVER cleaned my house?!?!  Woman LOL

Denise
Respected Contributor

😘

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition 😘 that was fo4 you.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli 

Are you sure you weren't at my house😉

I "thought" I was a good housekeeper until we started cleaning because I wanted to out my Spring/Easter decor.

Dust .... even my kitty was sneezing...haha

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Phyllis Diller use to say she dusted her stove off.  

I have a black glass top stove.  The first thing I do in the morning is clean the dust off of it.  It accumulates over night.

Honored Contributor

I'm keeping up with the household chores..this morning the bathroom is being cleaned top to bottom and then the kitchen floor.

I have been wanting to clean the kitchen cupboards, (it has been on my list all winter) inside and out...and have yet to get that done, sigh.

We had some really nice weather so I opted to work outside, but today the bathroom and kitchen floors are my priority.

DH went into our business this morning, he had a few things that had to get done and I seem to get more done when I am alone.  He won't be gone all day so I need to get it done before he gets home.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus : Love this, I lol'd! I, too, had a cleaning service. Of course, they are not coming now for obvious reasons. I have been cleaning,but it takes me longer than I would like. Miss my cleaners!