Honored Contributor

DD1D0F38-5303-4E59-952B-CA1632A625C9.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: STILL CLEANING YOUR HOUSE?

It's really only satisfying to dust when it has collected for a few years in out-of-the-way places.  The type of dog hair found can be helpful in identifying the era.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

CUTE!   Dusting is one of my least favorite chores and I was always the duster even as a child.

Respected Contributor

When I started the stay at home 3 weeks ago--I realized what a terrible housecleaner I am.  The first week, I took the swiffer duster to all the cobwebs and tops of door frames.  Last week, I vacuumed the baseboards in my bedroom.  This week, I cleaned the baseboards in the bathroom.

Seriously, I'm awful.

Esteemed Contributor

OMG @Shanus that is so hysterical.  I had to send to my daughter so she can use it as an excuse too.  Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a cleaning service for 2 hours twice a month. About 3 weeks ago, I needed to have them stop coming in and started cleaning myself. Wow, have I been throwing out my money. Dirt on top of dirt behind things that they could have easily moved. I did the entire first floor, which is all they did, in 4 hours...vacuum, dust, wash down 2 bathrooms and the kitchen. I divided the time...2 hrs. in the morning and 2 hrs. after lunch. Not so bad. I may not rehire a service for several more years when cleaning becomes more of a hardship. 

I think many of us are capable of doing or doing without during this crisis. May be the only good thing to come out of it. 

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

OMG @Shanus that is so hysterical.  I had to send to my daughter so she can use it as an excuse too.  Heart

@mspatmac   It is a good one. Sent to my daughter, as well.

Esteemed Contributor

As I was running my Roomba today, I was thinking

wouldn't it be wonderful if there was a Dust Roomba?

(push a button and let it do it's own thing)

I took the day off today because there just isn't enough work and I hate sitting there. I know I'll regret it later in the year when I'm out of PTO.

I pulled out the couch and vacuumed with the dyson. It's a heavy recliner LaZyBoy couch.  I can't remember the last time I did that.

I'm going outside to put out my flamingo collection in my backyard..

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac  I get the rest of the post, but why are the flamingos being moved?

Respected Contributor

I clean my house just like I always have. I never had to clean for company it’s always clean. No dirty dishes, no clutter bed always made. That’s just me.