Honored Contributor

Re: SPRING HAS SPRUNG🐇🌼🌈🌷🌞

https://nettafied.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/peace-of-mind-quotes-have-a-peaceful-weekend-peace-it-does-not-mean-to-be-in-a-place-where-there-is-no-noise-trouble-or-hard-work.jpg?w=300

May you all have peace in the midst of pain and uncertainty.  ((Hugs)) and love.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

Arkadas 

Last night Lewis rang the bell to go outside and changed his mind the minute he discovered it was stormy with high winds, rain, and thunder. 

He just turned around and came back in.Smiley Surprised

Things calmed down about an hour later and I took him out.Heart

@lulutoby   My pups are like that, so I take them under the roof eave of the house where it is dry. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

hey all

not to much right now guys.

watching my dvr'ed shows. Today I just saw the ending of the series Coach. I laughed thru all 3 last episodes.

met 1 new person moving into our development today on my walk. She doesn't live near me, she lives on my walking route.

mighty warm today walking, had my bottle of water with me.

ok guys will try to check in later.

Trusted Contributor

Hello friends,

Despite the virus I decided to keep my doctor appointment for my hand out of town today. I was happy that they were very organized and providing as much safety and distancing from other patients as possible. He thought I was progressing well at getting use back out of my hand but there must be some nerve sensitivity occurring. Got another prescription and have to go back in two months. As @lulutoby said earlier it is in the 90s here in Nebraska. I enjoyed the drive and I sang out loud in the car when a favorite 60s song would come on. I am positive other drivers who would notice think me quite strange.

I am waiting now for Sarah, my niece, and we are going to jump in the lake and enjoy the remaining sun of the day. I called her and said I am on the road home and I will either take a nap when I reach home or you can come over and we'll take the paddle boards out. Life is short so I am glad she is on her way. 

That story about Lewis not wanting to go out in the storm also reminded me of my precious Willow. I would take her out and she was not happy but she would do her job fast as she knew I would stand there until she finished. On the flip side if the weather was beautiful, she would mosey around as she knew I would pick her up and head inside after she did the deed....it was infuriating when there was someplace I needed to be. They know us so well.

Honored Contributor

de0231221b08d93c2344d81949e88d31.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@hullie  Good news about your hand! Sometimes nerves take awhile to mend. 

Today was 96, humid. After three  dog walks I cleaned house and was wishing for a pool! There are two community pools, but they aren't open yet. I haven't joined in years, it's extra on the dues and I don't need the sun. I used to water & snow ski, loved it! 
   Some people take paddle boards on the lake across the street. There was a video of them taken by a drone last year.  My granddaughter did it at camp and liked it. 
    You are right to do things you like while we have time!

Trusted Contributor

@1Snickers 

It sounds like you live in a wonderful area! I love all the outdoor activities you spoke of, except snow skiing-I avoid outdoor activities in frigid temperatures and I really dislike heights. In my youth I joined a ski club and put money down to take a trip together with club members to get the experience but cancelled last minute. I should of gone and just drank hot cocoa in a chalet with lots of cute ski instructors around to flirt with by the fire lol. 

I know you miss being with all your extended family in our virus world. I have been so good about quarantining here at home myself. This last week I have let the kids come to enjoy the outside with me, we try to social distance. Hopefully all will be well. Living alone can be so isolating. Our 90s here will hopefully keep the virus at bay outside. It gives me such joy to share the lake with them. 

Honored Contributor

@possummink , 

I am thinking about you, and your family. You all are in my prayers. 

s-l400.jpg

Honored Contributor

My @Puddles , 

I hope you will soon be right as rain. You are missed here !

27eb5e23a5951a253fc891618a8fe6b1--baby-elephants-clear-stamps.jpg

Honored Contributor