Honored Contributor

Re: SPRING HAS SPRUNG🐇🌼🌈🌷🌞

@Sassy7356 wrote:

June Birthstone (With images) | Pearl birthstone, June birth stone ...

@Sassy7356 

Love my pearls and thanks to Honora

and Or Paz I have amassed an eclectic

collection of beautiful pearl jewelry over

the years! Cat LOL

---------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

Image may contain: plant

Sending out tons more strong healing

prayers to our beloved butterfly123.

(((((HeartBUTTERFLY123Heart)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

Miracle Essential Oils

@lulutoby   Aren't they beautiful!?!!  

I took a fall yesterday and now my back has taken a setback.  Unfortunately, I still am not able to walk the dogs.  I know Gracie is missing it especially.  She always goes to where we hang her leash and harness and gives it a nudge around the time that we normally head out.  

Hope you are doing well.

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

@lulutoby   So darn cute!  Heart

Trusted Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

Image may contain: people sitting and indoor

@Sassy7356  

Awwww, to me when I had Chablis, then Willow in my lap both of us content, it was as good as heaven or anything could be. It was a feeling I never failed to acknowledge and silently thank our maker. I don't understand why I haven't brought another Bichon into my life again, just can't figure out what is holding me back but unable to go forward with another. I tear as I write this so need to go to other thoughts. 

Just finished my coffee and need to plan what to fill my day with. Young Matthew wants to be the first in the family to swim at my lake and it is supposed to be in 90s today and his grandma just called to see if I am ready to take him .....it seems to be a contest as to who gets the bragging rights among the kids each summer. I don't think the water is warm yet so if I do decide to swim today with him I hope my body is not too shocked. I will let you all know if we braved the early water. 

Esteemed Contributor

@possummink wrote:

@1Snickers wrote:

@Tissyanne wrote:

Oh, @possummink , I think these hollyhocks are so pretty. My grandmother had light pink ones in her yard. Sweet memories. 

@possummink wrote:

Image may contain: plant, flower, outdoor and nature

@Tissyanne   I noticed these and thought of my grandmother also! She would make a hollyhock doll for me. 
  She picked a bloom off, turned it upside down. With toothpicks she attached a round green bud for the head and more toothpicks for arms. 
  She made corn silk dolls also, they took more time! 

Hollyhock dollhollyhock dolls - My mom made these for me when I was little!

Hollyhock dolls! We used to make flower dolls as kids, but I don't think they were hollyhocks. And they didn't have these awesome turbans.

@Tissyanne and @1Snickers 

Hollyhock Dolls!! Heart

Hollyhocks are still one of my favorite flowers.   We always had them growing in several places when I was growing up and I have had them here at this house too.   I loved gathering the seeds and scattering them around in different places hoping to start new plants.   

One of our neighbors across the road  had very dark red, almost black red ones and those were my favorites.   I was always trying to get seeds off of those plants.   I don't know if hollyhocks now days have 'fuzz' on them but back then they did on the seed pods and stalks.   It was cause some itching for me now and then,  kind of like peach fuzz but 'worse'.   I tried some of the double hollyhocks but to me the old single ones are my favorites. 

@possummink   Thank you for my grandmother's hollyhock dolls! Such fond memories! She lived in the other side of a duplex designed after an English village. I lived in the other side, but was often next door. Out porch connected. 
  She had hollyhocks, and  pink wonderful smelling climbing roses on her fence. There were tiger lillys, sweet violets, and a boxwood hedge perfect for a secret hide out! 
  She had sweet peas and Lilly of the valley. There was a Mimosa tree just over the top of my sliding board. I could sit there and pretend they were powder puffs. Pomegranate bushes, figs and grapes were there.

Near my swing was an apple tree that made delicious apple pies! Also a pecan tree that gave me the job of cracking and picking them for pies and cookies. 
  The yards weren't nearly as large as mine now, but they were used and enjoyed along with the many plantings.         
               🏠 🏠 🌳🌞🌹🌺🍎🍇❤️🧡💚💙

Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne 

I am the same way with my books. I have gone as long as a year without starting one, there is always other options to fill the day. I really have so many interests and I am thankful I have my days free to pursue them. I get these nagging desires to see what the library has to offer and once I start reading again it can just devour all my time. I have books from my mom, some favorites from college and a few that my grandfather had that are among my favorites too. Otherwise I stay away from accumulating them as they take up room and were heavy in all my moving around. I am settled now but space is precious. So glad they have downloads available to choose from now although I get so much pleasure from perusing the many volumes of books available at the library. I remember our local small town Iowa library was a favorite haunt of mine as a child. My girlfriend and I never failed to get a shush from the librarian in charge. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sassy7356   Oh no! Another fall! Do you have a cane you can use? Maybe different shoes? 
  I'm so afraid of falling, walking dogs is a necessity. Perhaps there is someone who can walk Gracie until you are better. Mine know exactly what time it is and when to walk or eat. Strange they don't annoy me about walking if it's raining.  🤔  🐶🐶 🌧☔️

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

@lulutoby wrote:

Miracle Essential Oils

@lulutoby   Aren't they beautiful!?!!  

I took a fall yesterday and now my back has taken a setback.  Unfortunately, I still am not able to walk the dogs.  I know Gracie is missing it especially.  She always goes to where we hang her leash and harness and gives it a nudge around the time that we normally head out.  

Hope you are doing well.

@Sassy7356   Oh no, so sorry, falls are terrible, still recovering two and a half months later, PC will take a look, but most likely it is just a matter of time.

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

@Tissyanne 

Hugs Graphics | PicGifs.com

I can only imagine how anxious you feel at times.  I hope talking with the doctor/nurse can put you at ease.  

@Sassy7356 , 

I hope so too.

I am sorry that you have fallen. I hope you will be able to contact your doctor to assess your back. Falls, as I am sure you know, can be dangerous. 

Take care of yourself, and I will say a prayer for you. 

Maybe someone you know well can walk your dogs.